Random bluescreen and SMART command failure on new SSD

I recently purchased my first SSD, a Sandisk Ultra II 240 GB, and I wanted to start fresh as opposed to cloning my old HDD so I installed Windows 7 (64 bit) onto the SSD and set everything up to how I wanted it. Games that I play often I also put on the SSD, the rest I put on a different disk.

I’ve had it for almost a month now but 3-4 days ago I started having problems with my computer freezing up and then when restarting, during boot, when listed up the drives it would say “SMART command failed” for the Sandisk SSD. It would then proceed to tell me it couldn’t find any operating system or that NTLDR was missing. A few restarts later, sometimes more, sometimes less, it would magically work again.

I believe in every case this happened I’ve been playing League of Legends, which happens to be on the Sandisk. I play another game more than LoL, but when I play that it I never have any issues. Sometimes I can tell that it’s coming, the game and Windows become unresponsive and I can’t click anything, but I’m heard on Skype and I can hear them (Skype also running on the SSD).

I checked Event Viewer under admin tools in Windows and it lists critical errors and warnings at the time of these events, sources being atapi, Kernel-PnP and WMI, with the atapi one saying “The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort8.”. The Kernel-PnP has level of “Warning”, “Event ID” of 219 and a description that says : “The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_STORAGE_DEVICE&REV_0.00#00000000000006&0#.”. I realize that with the “USBSTOR” part it could mean it’s an unrelated event with a USB device that I have connected but I figured it was worth adding, especially since it’s around the same time of the PC crashing.

My motherboard is “GA-P55-USB3”, which I updated the BIOS on, I checked the firmware tool from Sandisk and it says nothing new was available. I’ve tried several other things too, but I can’t remember them all at the moment.

A lot of words and not a lot of technical information, but I’m not quite sure what would be relevant, so if you need more info then please tell.