Radio recording preset timer - possible future firmware update?

If future firmware updates are to be provided could consideration be given to adding a radio timer to allow a radio recording to be pre-scheduled to start at a future time and perhaps date.This would provide a feature for radio programmes similar to that provided for TV programmes on a video recorder. 

At present a recording must be started at the actual time of the broadcast necessitating a) remembering to start the recording, b) having the Fuze on ones person and c) it being convenient to operate the controls i.e. not in a meeting or otherwise occupied

@davhardy wrote:

If future firmware updates are to be provided could consideration be given to adding a radio timer to allow a radio recording to be pre-scheduled to start at a future time and perhaps date.This would provide a feature for radio programmes similar to that provided for TV programmes on a video recorder. 

At present a recording must be started at the actual time of the broadcast necessitating a) remembering to start the recording, b) having the Fuze on ones person and c) it being convenient to operate the controls i.e. not in a meeting or otherwise occupied

TiVo for FM … could be interesting.

shouldt be to hard but probly would have to have the fuze set the the station you want and it set to fm. like a vcr you probly wouldnt be able to listen to stored media at the same time

Another wrinkle would be setting it for a time when the Fuze might be turned off.  A RCR function would need to be able to turn itself on, set to the desired station, and record.  If the device is on but playing something else, it would need a warning notice to the user (audible and visual) that it needs to change to the recording mode, and give you the option to cancel.

For an always-on device like the TiVo, this isn’t too bad.  But it might be problematic for a battery-operated device. 

Desirable though though these options might be I suspect it is more complicated than the Fuze can achieve by a simple firmware update. My original post was intended to enable a recoring to be made say up to 6 hours ahead with the Fuze switched left on and set to the station required but not recording until the time the programme was to start. The option at present is to leave the Fuze on and recording the station required and hope the battery does not run out or the memory overfill before the program required is recorded. This option would require only the addition of an ON/OFF timer function for the recrder when the Fuze is set to radio. Full Tivo/PVR functionality though ideal is beyond my wildest hopes