After my Sansa Clip+ accidently went into the washing machine, I left it on a sunny window sill for a couple of days and then left it in a bag with silica gel dessicant packets for about a week. At first it seemed to be working fine, but it began to power-off at random when I listened to it while moving around. After reading posts in these forums, I tried resetting, reformatting and updating the firmware. The problem persisted, so I opened the case and discovered that one of the battery wires (the black one) has a small section where the insulation is gone and all but one of the wire strands are broken. I was careful opening the case, so I think this happened when my Clip+ was knocked around in the wash. I may or may not be able to find someone with the skills and tools to fix the battery wire (that would not be me). In the meantime, I have a Clip+ that does work when it is plugged into an AC charger, so I hope to continue using it that way.
Here are my questions:
If I use the Clip+ in this condition with an AC charger is there any risk it will overheat and catch fire or explode?
Is there a way to update the firmware on a Clip+ that only works when plugged into an AC charger?
Is there a way to install RockBox on a Clip+ that only works when plugged into an AC charger?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.