Question before I decide to move all my songs to my external uSD card.

Hi guys!

FYI: I own a 4 GB Sansa Fuze with the latest firmware  01.02.26A and I also have a 4 GB external uSD card

I have a quick question before I decide to move all my music from my Internal Memory to my External uSD card, the problem is that it looks like my internal memory is already full with all my MP3 songs, so basically I don’t have enough free space to save some songs from the radio or recorded voice that I often use at College. My plan is to move all my music from my internal memory to my external uSD card and format my internal memory so I can have this free of space for my radio songs and recorded voice, my question is… if I do this will there be any problem? I don’t or conflict?   I’m saying this because I believe I read something about other people having problems with their device or battery while they play the music from their external uSD card. Can somebody please clarify this for me? Thanks!

There should be no problem with playing your music from the uSD card.

It will eat your battery a little faster.

@tenzip wrote:

There should be no problem with playing your music from the uSD card.

It will eat your battery a little faster.

I would love to know just how much of a difference it makes…my card is always in. 

If power consumption is higher, I have not noticed it.

I play stuff from both internal memory and uSD card all the time, and if there is any difference in power consumption it is not dramatic.

No other problems for me with uSD cards, so I’d say go for it.

(misinformation deleted)

For peace of mind I suggest you put the unit in MSC mode (under Settings/USB mode) and then:  

1. Copy an album that’s NOT on the Fuze onto the uSD card, just to make sure the card is working. Safely Remove Hardware, disconnect, let the database refresh, and make sure the new album is on the Fuze. 

Once you know the card is working: 

1. Copy all your files/albums from internal memory into a folder on your computer.

2. Delete all the files/albums from the internal memory once you are sure you have copies on the computer.  Or, for a cleaner sweep,  right-click on the internal memory and Format… it to FAT32, which will clear off all the user-added content. 

3. Copy the folder from your computer onto the  uSD. Then Safely Remove Hardware, let the database refresh and enjoy your songs. 

Message Edited by Black-Rectangle on 04-16-2009 09:41 AM

With the Fuze and e200v2 series, you can transfer to the µSD card as you wish, including DRM content (secure WMA) and Audible.  MTP mode will transfer the license data with your files, or Windows Media Player, if pulling from internal > WMP > external works too.

Recordings (Voice / FM) will need to reside in the internal memory.

µsansa

Agreed. I just yesterday moved an Overdrive Audio book from internal > card and no problem. It even kept my place in the book.

My memory card is full, internal memory empty. No problems.

Fixed above, thanks for the info.

I just want to say that after all I decided to move all my music from my internal memory to my external uSD card and everything seems to be working fine and yes I noticed that my battery last less then before, I would say maybe from 5% to 10%… it seems that the external memory consumes more battery.