Question about sansa fuzes:

I try plugging my sansa fuze into my usb port but it doesnt recognize it.  When I plug it into someone elses computer it recognizes it.  Is there a way i can make my computer recognize it.  Thank you for your time.

Yes. Plug it in to your computer. Then Go to Control panel, then system, then Device manager, Then Scroll down to the part of the list with the USB ports listed. Is there a yellow triangle? If so right Click on that item and go down to Properties, then click on drivers, then go down to delete. Do this for all USB ports that have the triangle. Then Restart your computer, and once it get stableized plug the player in. It should reinstall the drivers.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-25-2009 02:55 PM

Change the USB on the player to MSC, then  connect it to your pc. See if it is recognized now. You didn’t mention how old your pc is, and what operating system and version windows Media Player it has on it.  With Windows Media Player are the drivers for MTP. If your version of Windows Media Player is old, then downloading and installing the new version might allow your pc to recognize the player in MTP(as well as auto) mode.

Only one small problem with changing the USB format, usually with mine ( i swear the thing changes itself) if i change between the two, my comp will rec. the player, but it won’t read the files on there. it says its empty (but still subtracting the gig) so i can reformat it when it happens, but no. I have done that twice and wont do it again… so just be cautious. i don’t know how to change it

@emmnemms wrote:
Only one small problem with changing the USB format, usually with mine ( i swear the thing changes itself) if i change between the two, my comp will rec. the player, but it won’t read the files on there. it says its empty (but still subtracting the gig) so i can reformat it when it happens, but no. I have done that twice and wont do it again… so just be cautious. i don’t know how to change it

That’s annoying, but normal. The files ARE there, your PC just can’t see them if the player isn’t in the same mode it was in when the files were transferred. The player can still see all files no matter what mode was used to copy them.