Question about Sansa Clip+ capacity.

Hi all and sorry about my english!

I recently bought a Sandisk Sansa Clip+ 2gb. And when i check the properties, it says that have 210mb in use, but there is nothing in any folder. So, the free size is about 1600mb.

I have also format the unit but nothing changes.

Is it normal?? 

Thank you very much!!

Regard.

Do you have your Clip+ in MSC mode?  If so, I don’t think songs loaded in MTP mode will be visible, though they’re taking up space.  And if I remember correctly, the Clip+ (or maybe just the Clip?) is pre-loaded with a few demo songs (and I wonder how many people actually keep those songs).

In both modes (MSC and MTP) says that are 210mb in use.

And i deleted all the demo songs. Also format the unit.

Thank you.

mine is 4gb, and does this, i managed to get rid of the 210mb by formating it but they came back the next time i turned on the clip, so i gues those are used for the operating sistem of the sansa and cache memory or something like that. 

@omega007 wrote:
mine is 4gb, and does this, i managed to get rid of the 210mb by formating it but they came back the next time i turned on the clip, so i gues those are used for the operating sistem of the sansa and cache memory or something like that. 

BINGO!

Thank you!

And one question more please.

Should i format the unit in FAT or FAT32??

Thanks again.

@giolita25 wrote:

Thank you!

And one question more please.

Should i format the unit in FAT or FAT32??

Thanks again.

You shouldn’t format it … as previous posters said, the memory usage you’re seeing is required by the firmware.  Formatting it won’t free up any additional space.

Yes i know, its only a doubt i have. I want to know if someday i have to format, wich option to choose. FAT or FAT 32???

Thanks again.

@giolita25 wrote:

Yes i know, its only a doubt i have. I want to know if someday i have to format, wich option to choose. FAT or FAT 32???

Thanks again.

Why not then let just the Clip perform the format?

You can format from the Clip itself–it’s one of its options.

I know i can format from the Clip.

But i wanna know if fat o fat32 is correct. It´s only a doubt.

Up to 2GB = FAT

Over 2GB = FAT32

Try first from the device itself (recommended), if it does not resolve the problem you might have then try from the PC.