Question about MP3tag

So anyway, I had like like multiples of various artists and a few unknowns and I’ve never cared about it until I heard about MP3tag. I downloaded it and fixed all the problems, but now what do I do? Does it even work or did I just waste a few minutes? If it does work, that’s pretty sweet.

I assume that I need to just re-add the songs. I’ll try it.

It works fine… you have to take the multiples off of your fuze (if they are on there) and resync with the new tags. If they are just on your computer then when you apply the tags they should change and then when you add them to your media player (WMP, MediaMonkey) The songs should be listed as their updated tags.

I’ll just delete all the songs and re add them. I don’t use any programs to add music. I download them all into one folder and then since the Fuze is empty, I can just drag the entire folder into the Fuze’s Music Folder.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I’ll just delete all the songs and re add them. I don’t use any programs to add music. I download them all into one folder and then since the Fuze is empty, I can just drag the entire folder into the Fuze’s Music Folder.

You’re adding another fly to the ointment and confusing things even more. Just drag & drop to the Fuze’s MUSIC folder. Yes, it’s a few more mouse-clicks, but why add another layer to the path that’s un-necessary?

Huh? I’ve already solved my own problem and fixed everything with MP3 tag. I download music into a certain folder on my computer, which I name “Full Music Folder”. I then precede to go to that folder and open up the Sansa Fuze J Drive and go to the Sansa Music Folder and drag the songs over into that. I think you misunderstood.

Message Edited by shenanagins1091 on 12-26-2008 12:21 PM

Maybe I did mis-understand. The way I read it is that you put all your music into a folder on your computer (your ‘Full Music Folder’). You then drag this folder (containing all your music) to your Fuze’s MUSIC folder, thereby creating a sub-folder named FULL MUSIC FOLDER (containing your music) inside the Fuze’s MUSIC folder. This is what I was saying is confusing and un-necessary.

If, on the other hand, you organize all of your music in your FULL MUSIC FOLDER on your computer, then open this folder and highlight all the music files within it and then drag them ‘en masse’ over to your Fuze’s MUSIC folder, then the FULL MUSIC FOLDER itself is not being transferred and not lengthening the path to your music and potentially creating more confusion in finding them. It is merely a organizational storage unit on your computer.

When I drag music from the music folder on my computer over into the Sansa Fuze’s Music Folder, it does not remove the music from the folder on my computer.

I never said it did.

I don’t understand the problem then. It doesn’t screw up the alphabetical order of the music folder on my computer. I use WinAmp to play music too, not WMP.

Obviously, if everything is playing OK for you then there is no problem. Apparently I am not making myself clear. I’m sorry I brought it up. It’s a case of mind over matter.

If you don’t mind, it don’t matter. :wink:

I’d actually rather you explain since I think my situation is as good as it gets but you think there’s something better.

I’m trying to understand this one…

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: