question about car cassette adapters...caution with Sansa clips?

i am using an adapter made by Monster called iCarplay… as usual with these, the audio output is made through the 3.5mm headphone jack… i used this cassette adapter a few times and it worked fine… but today my sansa clip shut down… i reset it using the hold for 10 seconds method, and it’s back to normal…

but now im afraid to use the adapter…

could a cassette adapter short out my Sansa player for some reason?  or is it just a coincidence?

giraffe12 wrote:

i am using an adapter made by Monster called iCarplay… as usual with these, the audio output is made through the 3.5mm headphone jack… i used this cassette adapter a few times and it worked fine… but today my sansa clip shut down… i reset it using the hold for 10 seconds method, and it’s back to normal…

but now im afraid to use the adapter…

could a cassette adapter short out my Sansa player for some reason?  or is it just a coincidence?

I have used adapters with every sansa I own and never had a problem. Its most likely a coincidence. 

I too am having trouble with the clip+. I just got it, loaded some tunes, attached it to the cassette player with an adapter I got with my car CD player. It worked fine for a few days, then stopped playing the music. I attached the CD player and the adapter is working fine. With the Clip+ volume full up I can hear a tiny bit of sound, but nothing more. Help!