Putting playlists on Clip using WMP10 vs. Winamp

I viewed the video on this site to learn how to synch songs to my Clip using WMP10 but didn’t really see any advantage over creating a playlist & transferring it using Winamp.  Are there any major features I’m missing out on by using Winamp vs. WMP10? 

I would upgrade WMP10 to 11 and go that route…well, as quirky as WMP is…anyone using Winamp with their Clips?

Bob :cry:

RickH wrote:

I viewed the video on this site to learn how to synch songs to my Clip using WMP10 but didn’t really see any advantage over creating a playlist & transferring it using Winamp.  Are there any major features I’m missing out on by using Winamp vs. WMP10? 

It’s been a while since I looked into Winamp’s library features, but I think that one thing Winamp didn’t do that WMP does is automatically update the library when a new song appears in a watched ( or “monitored” ) folder on disk.  Winamp can be set to do a scan of a folder (and subfolders) on a regular basis, but that isn’t quite as slick.

Oh yeah, one big thing which is missing in Winamp … smart ( or “auto” ) playlists.  It has “smart views”, which aren’t the same thing … they don’t map automatically to playlists which can then be synced to your player.

All of that being said … I use MediaMonkey.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 01-30-2008 07:57 AM

PromisedPlanet (and other users here of Media Monkey), is their program as easy to use as Winamp, WMP, etc?  I’m going to download it tonight and was just wondering what to expect.  It sure gets a lot of rave reviews. 

Well, I tried Media Monkey and wasn’t that impressed, seemed a little too complicated for my needs or at least not worth the trouble to learn a new layout, etc. over using Roxio EZ CD Creator for ripping CD’s directly to the Clip or using Winamp to create playlists.  I may play around with it some more, read up on MM a little more but I didn’t really care for it  For one thing, I ripped a CD and it took far too long to convert.  Maybe it’s a great program if you do a lot of downloading from music sites but I rarely do that.