Putting Music on Player

I’ve had my mp3 player for about a month and its the first one I have ever had. I was just wondering if there is a way to keep the music on the player when I connect it to my pc. Everytime I do it deletes all the songs on my player. Someone told me I need to keep a backup file of all the songs I download, but my storage space on my pc is small and I delete the songs after uploading. If anyone could please help that would be great.

You’ve probably got Windows Media Player set to Auto-Sync. Change it to Manual in the settings.

Or switch to MSC & take WMP out of the equation altogether.

“…Someone told me I need to keep a backup file of all the songs I download, but my storage space on my pc is small and I delete the songs after uploading. If anyone could please help that would be great.”

You are a good candidate for a SanDisk Cruzer. I have two, a 4GB and a 16GB. Also a USB hard drive which come in huge sizes like 320GB. These are too slow to use for processing like you can with the Cruzer but all you would want it for is to back up large amounts of material