Protect the card slot on your Clip+

It seems odd that they didn’t provide a cap or plug for the card slot.  It will be a magnet for dirt, pocket lint, moisture, etc.  The circuit board is right there for all the world to see.  I think I’ll put a small piece of scotch tape over the slot.  Not sure that I’ll ever use it anyway.

Good idea! Perhaps if one does use a card but rarely removes it,  they should also put a piece of scotch tape over the card slot?

What you say makes sense, including for the USB port and headphone jack.  However, it’s rare to see such covers on a player. 

Everyone will use the USB port and headphone jack.  Relatively few will use the card slot.

Regardless of that, the USB and headphone ports are not openings straight into the inner circuitry like the card slot is.

Actually, I think that quite a few here will be using the card slot routinely!   :wink:

I know that a number of people, especially those using the Clip in the gym, have been concerned about drops of sweat getting into the USB port.  Likewise people using it outside when it might get wet from a drizzle or rain (there just was a post about this issue). 

"

I know that a number of people, especially those using the Clip in the gym, have been concerned about drops of sweat getting into the USB port.  Likewise people using it outside when it might get wet from a drizzle or rain (there just was a post about this issue). "

How about putting the player in one of those tiny Ziploc snack bags that is closed almost completely, just open enough for the headphone cord to emerge? It is easy enough to press the player buttons through the bag. This will protect the player from sweat and rain. The player doesn’t seem to need ventilation while playing, but should have ventilation while charging.

While having a plug for a port is a good idea, I’ve found that it doesn’t last long because they’re so small. 

My cellphone had one with a hinge for the charger port.  It was made of good material, but the hinge broke off after a couple of months just from normal use.  And I’m not rough with my electronic devices.

I know I’ll be using the slot. If I get a 32gb card I could fit my whole music library for quite a while.