Product Retirement

Well after 3 years or so of 8 hour a day usage my Fuze is starting to act wonky. I have decided to completely retire my 5 year old Connect and make the Fuze my going to bed player… meaning I will only be using it at night. 

As for my new 8 hour a day player… I went with a 16 gig Sony Walkman… The store I went to was out of the Fuze+ but Im not sure I would have bought that anyhow. 

Its interesting this process. Let me know your thoughts.

@conversionbox wrote:

Well after 3 years or so of 8 hour a day usage my Fuze is starting to act wonky. I have decided to completely retire my 5 year old Connect and make the Fuze my going to bed player… meaning I will only be using it at night. 

 

As for my new 8 hour a day player… I went with a 16 gig Sony Walkman… The store I went to was out of the Fuze+ but Im not sure I would have bought that anyhow. 

 

Its interesting this process. Let me know your thoughts.

Which one did you end up with…the S545, the E345? I’ve had both of them, and they were nice sounding players. Sounds like you’ve certainly gotten your money’s worth out of your Fuze!

Marvin_Martian wrote:


Which one did you end up with…the S545, the E345? I’ve had both of them, and they were nice sounding players. Sounds like you’ve certainly gotten your money’s worth out of your Fuze!

 

I got the s545! It seems to be a great little player. I got way more out of the Fuze then I ever thought I would. 

@conversionbox wrote:

 



I got the s545! It seems to be a great little player. I got way more out of the Fuze then I ever thought I would. 

 

It’s a great sounding player, and the battery life is awesome, as long as you’re using headphones and not the speakers. The custom EQ and Clear Bass are really nice too…I never liked using the Fuze EQ, until I rockboxed mine.:wink:

Update… I washed it. So the player is chilling with some rice and bread. Im gonna wait a few days to see what happens.

@conversionbox wrote:

Update… I washed it. So the player is chilling with some rice and bread. Im gonna wait a few days to see what happens.

Good luck!

Conversionbox,

So the burning question is whether “it” refers to the Fuze, or the Walkman.  My curiosity is piqued, you see.  Which player has gone for a swim?

Bob  :dizzy_face:

@neutron_bob wrote:

Conversionbox,

 

So the burning question is whether “it” refers to the Fuze, or the Walkman.  My curiosity is piqued, you see.  Which player has gone for a swim?

 

Bob  :dizzy_face:

The walkman. It got left in the front pocket of a hoodie. And found its way to davie jones’s locker.

Why use bread too?  Seems to me the uncooked rice would be enough to absorb any remaining moisture.

@mags1230 wrote:

Why use bread too?  Seems to me the uncooked rice would be enough to absorb any remaining moisture.

Better Safe than sorry? Also if it doesnt work I can just throw some mustard on it and eat it to teach myself a lesson.

@conversionbox wrote:

 

The walkman. It got left in the front pocket of a hoodie. And found its way to davie jones’s locker.

 

@conversionbox wrote:

 

I got the s545! It seems to be a great little player. I got way more out of the Fuze then I ever thought I would. 

 

Has the Sony dried out yet?  Just curious to know if it’s still working.

By the way, if it’s totally drowned and dead, I won’t eat the bread that you used, it’ll probably have a metallic and plastic taste to it.  :wink:

Not long after the s545 came out, it was on my wishlist for my next player.  It got bumped off the list when I decided to get a clip+.  I still had my fuze for video.  Now I’m glad I didn’t get it since a player with expandable storage is a must-have for me and I’m not that much into watching videos on a pmp nowadays.  The Cowons are looking good…

@mags1230 wrote:


  The Cowons are looking good…

Are you an EQ user, or not? I ask because if you’re not using their EQ and other sound enhancements, then they won’t sound any better than a Fuze or Clip+…although they do offer higher capacities (at least the J3, which is available in 32GB with a card slot).

My rockboxed Sansas, my Cowon i9, and my Touch 4G with the “Equalizer” and “EQu” apps all sound equally good to me with EQ’s/enhancements activated, except that the i9 has  just a little bit more output power…but it’s not a big difference. Those in the know say that the Cowon i9, S9, and J3 all sound the same. Note also that I said rockboxed Sansas, with the rockbox EQ…the EQ in the Fuze original firmware quite frankly sucks…the newer Clip+ EQ is better, but still not up to the rockbox level EQ.

I’m not suggesting that you not buy a Cowon, not at all…just giving you an idea what to expect…after all, money doesn’t grow on trees! But the Fuzes are disappearing, and the Fuze+ looks like a fail…so it can’t hurt to broaden your horizons.:wink:

Its alive. I dont know if itll work I am letting it charge after over a week in the rice (Better safe than sorry). Im gonna let it charge til I go to bed tonight. Then tomorrow on my lunch I am going to attach it to a computer and see what happens.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Just retired all of my Sansas for the last time.  Moving on to players that my associates and I like better.  Doubt that I will ever use or purchase another sansa product (of any kind) again.

see y’all on the flipside… over and out …for good this time.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Just adding my 2 cents.

 

Just retired all of my Sansas for the last time.  Moving on to players that my associates and I like better.  Doubt that I will ever use or purchase another sansa product (of any kind) again.

 

 

see y’all on the flipside… over and out …for good this time.

:cry:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Just retired all of my Sansas for the last time.  Moving on to players that my associates and I like better.  Doubt that I will ever use or purchase another sansa product (of any kind) again.

 

see y’all on the flipside… over and out …for good this time.

:cry:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Just adding my 2 cents.

 

Just retired all of my Sansas for the last time.  Moving on to players that my associates and I like better.  Doubt that I will ever use or purchase another sansa product (of any kind) again.

 

 

see y’all on the flipside… over and out …for good this time.

Okay.  And you see fit to announce this.  Golly.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Just adding my 2 cents.

 

Just retired all of my Sansas for the last time.  Moving on to players that my associates and I like better.  Doubt that I will ever use or purchase another sansa product (of any kind) again.

 

 

see y’all on the flipside… over and out …for good this time.

Umm, okay.  And you see fit to announce this.  Golly.

@marvin_martian wrote:

 


@mags1230 wrote:


  The Cowons are looking good…


Are you an EQ user, or not? I ask because if you’re not using their EQ and other sound enhancements, then they won’t sound any better than a Fuze or Clip+…although they do offer higher capacities (at least the J3, which is available in 32GB with a card slot).

 

 

My rockboxed Sansas, my Cowon i9, and my Touch 4G with the “Equalizer” and “EQu” apps all sound equally good to me with EQ’s/enhancements activated, except that the i9 has  just a little bit more output power…but it’s not a big difference. Those in the know say that the Cowon i9, S9, and J3 all sound the same. Note also that I said rockboxed Sansas, with the rockbox EQ…the EQ in the Fuze original firmware quite frankly sucks…the newer Clip+ EQ is better, but still not up to the rockbox level EQ.

 

I’m not suggesting that you not buy a Cowon, not at all…just giving you an idea what to expect…after all, money doesn’t grow on trees! But the Fuzes are disappearing, and the Fuze+ looks like a fail…so it can’t hurt to broaden your horizons.:wink:

No, I’m not an EQ user.  I leave the EQ on flat.  I don’t even use it on my rockboxed fuze.  The way the sansas sound is just fine to my ears so the Cowon’s audio quality will be good to me also.

The battery on my fuze has recently started to get overly warm when I charge it after a couple of hours so it may not last much longer.  Much as I love my little sansas, the Cowon J3 is also a very good player.