Problem

I left my Fuze my dock playing music yesterday. When I went to take it off several hours later, it was very hot. It was still responsive, but remained hot and the backlight never turned off (even though it was set to do so after 5 minutes). Obviously, after leaving it off overnight, it was cool today, BUT when I turn it on, the click-whee and buttons are non-responsive, and the on/off switch only works to turn it on and reset it. Resetting it does not accomplish anything.

In the last year-and-a-half, I had an ipod that randomly crashed when I deleted a playlist, and another Fuze that somebody broke. I cannot afford to keep replacing mp3 devices, and need 1 (as a musician), so help would be GREATLY appreciated!

<Sniff> <Sniff> “Hey, what’s that smell?”

Sounds like it’s

to me. :cry:

An iPod dock (or cord) has a different connector than the Sansa. So if you were using an iPod dock it is probably fried, because you were sending power where it shouldn’t go.

If it was a dock for Sansa, and the unit is less than a year old, you’re still under warranty, so call 1-866-SANDISK.  

@black_rectangle wrote:

If it was a dock for Sansa, and the unit is less than a year old, you’re still under warranty, so call 1-866-SANDISK.  

Hmmm . . . but you should probably monitor that dock if you get another one. It might be causing the problem.

It is a Sansa dock, and it has worked just fine for years. I called though, and they are going to replace it. Thanks.