Problem with sansa e200 mp3 player.

I don’t know why this is happening, but one day, when i was listening to my mp3 player, it randomly turned off, then it turned back on, starting changing random colors, and the screen went blank and stayed on for about 5-10 more minutes before just shutting off. I thought this was only temporary, but when I turned it back on, it did that same exact thing. I don’t know why it is doing this. My brother told me to plug it in to the computer, but it continued doing the same thing, and the menu for the player wouldn’t show up on the computer either. Can somebody please tell me why this is happening , and how i can fix it? Thank you in advance :relaxed:

• Hayley. 

It’s possible the memory chip inside became dislodged from the motherboard. The thread discussing this (with pictures) unfortunately has been removed or lost with the advent of the new forum here, but essentially you take the back plate off (via the 4 small screws), pop the battery out and press on the foam padding square that’s on top of the daughter board containing the RAM chip, reseating it to the mother board. If successful, you should hear or dell a slight click as it reseats into the socket.

But if nothing improves, it’s

Responsibly re-cycle it and buy a new player.

It’s possible the memory chip inside became dislodged from the motherboard. The thread discussing this (with pictures) unfortunately has been removed or lost with the advent of the new forum here, but essentially you take the back plate off (via the 4 small screws), pop the battery out and press on the foam padding square that’s on top of the daughter board containing the RAM chip, reseating it to the mother board. If successful, you should hear (or feel) a slight click as it reseats into the socket.

But if nothing improves, it’s

Responsibly re-cycle it and buy a new player.

Thank you. (: I’ll try your suggestion, and get back to you if it works or not. Again, thanks for the help!! (: :heart: