problem with e250

I have a problem with my Sansa e250!
The problem began when i tryed to download a theme.
I put to MSC mode and drag the theme.mi4 to my player, suddenly deleted the pp5022.mi4 file!
 Now when i turn my player on i will see sansa “dog or hound” or whatever dancing, and then half screen in colorbox
and it will freeze like that!
I tried to make sansa.fmt folder to 16mg…
(picture , something like that [ms paint and my art ant so good than picture, but its not that important i think])

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx61/r2hn/?action=view&current=ffwsdf.jpg

Help plz, Thanks!

Do you know what hardware version your E250 is? Follow the instructions for manual firmware installation.

Use this link for v1: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=15209

If that doesn’t work, try the v2: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=13548

Don’t install the updater. Do it manually. 

And if manually installing the firmware doesn’t work, you may have to search these forums for e200tool . A major fix involving Linux.

Don’t monkey around with .mi4 files that aren’t from SanDisk. 

Fan of Monty Python?

There was a scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, where a trebuchet or catapult was used to loft a huge wooden rabbit, a cow, and assorted farm animals.  They fled, yelling, “run away!  Run away!”

This is my heartfelt recommendation when running into the Lil Monsta on startup, the Hebrew Beta firmware.  Just like John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, and Eric Idle did.  Run!  It is a real headache.

First, try installing the pp5022.mi4 and BL_SD_(etc) .rom firmware files when in Recovery Mode.  The Sansa should accept the new firmware.  If it does not, let me know, and I can give you some filename changes you may need to coax the Sansa into accepting the standard firmware.  If that is indeed the beta firmwareon your device, it may be tricky getting the proper code to be accepted. Not to worry, we cen get you going.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

i downled the files, but they didnt help still same problem

Ah, so close, yet so far…

Or so it only seems.  Do you see the Lil’ Monsta dancing on your player when it is turned on?  If so, I’ll get you the procedure to remove the Hebrew Beta firmware that is most likely on your e200.  If so, we’ll need to temporarily rename the firmware files for a firmware installation.

After this, you’ll have a functioning basic e200 again.  The problem with the beta firmware is that the names of teh new firmware files are (temporarily) not recognized.  Give me some details on what you’ve done so far with the two firmware files.  Did you attempt transferring them, and they were not accepted?

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 04-07-2010 06:25 PM

Hey, crisis is the mother of invention.  Here’s the earlier finding, and a link on the Beta removal procedure.

Let me know how it goes!

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

REAL THANKS!
Sorry that im so noob with my MP3 :slight_smile:
CHEERS its working now