Problem with copy files from computer to Clip

On one of three computers I can`t copy files to Clip. -“Cannot copy File  : The device has either stopped responding or has been disconected.”

On other two computers no problem

Does the “bad” PC have USB 1.1 ports, perhaps? What is the processor type and speed, and motherboard model # (if you know these things)?

Check if you have WMP10 or WMP11… I think you might have WMP10 which could have caused the problem.

It is computer with tipicaly modern configuration (age of comp 1 year) PENTIUM 3,00gHZ 2.4 ghZ,512 mb RAM .

I dont now exectly whats USB pors are in comp (how can I see it?) but all others USB divices and flash players work normally.

I use WMP11

Pentium 3 GHz?  That sounds pretty old…

Sorry . Pentium 4

so you use WMP11 to transfer to the device? Do you have the latest firmware? If possible, please provide screen capture for better debug purpose…use the “PrintScreen” on your keyboard to capture whatever on your screen and then open Paint and choose to “Paste” it…then save it and post it here…that way we will be able to figure out what’s wrong.

I have this problem with XP SP2 too previously everything workde fine.
When I try to transfer files in My Computer I get same standard(?) Windows error dialog as topic starter.
Haven’t tried to transfer music with media player software’s. Formatting device or FW-update doesn’t help.
Removing the device from system or changing ports doesn’t help either.
Note that if I switch device to MSC mode then file trasnfer works without problems.

Could this be software problem? I have recently updated all my non microsoft programs to their latest versions. Should I try to reinstall Windows Media Player 11 is it the componet that provides Windows MTP-functionality?

Gluk wrote:

It is computer with tipicaly modern configuration (age of comp 1 year) PENTIUM 3,00gHZ 2.4 ghZ,512 mb RAM .

I dont now exectly whats USB pors are in comp (how can I see it?) but all others USB divices and flash players work normally.

Just trying using a different USB port (the jacks on your computer into which you plug USB cables).  Let us know if that works.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 02-29-2008 08:33 AM

Likewise, try a different USB cable, if you can; stranger things have happened …