Problem with compilation album

I just found out that there are several similiar compilation albums in the internal mem and external mem, since I can’t figure a way to erase an entire album directly from clip plus, I tried to delete them from the computer, the problem is when I accessed the clip plus via media monkey, the music files are in folders based on artist, not album, so since the albums are compilation type, one album consist of several artists, to find and delete manually each song belong to the albums is really tiring, is there another way ?

How did those folders wind up on your Clip? ie, perhaps whatever put them there could also help remove them?

Because I put them there via media monkey, when I put them in the internal mem, I didn’t know the albums were already on the external mem

I’m  not sure I understand the problem – is it that you have several folders you need to delete, or that you have the files duplicated on internal/external memory?

(btw, have you tried browsing the device itself, rather than using Media Monkey?) 

I have the albums duplicated on internal and external memory, tried to browsing the device without media monkey, and it still the same, the files were ordered in artists based folders

If you have mp3tag installed you can throw all the artist folders into one larger folder and use mp3tag to open that folder. Then you can group the files by any of the headings–Artist, Song and, for your purposes Album. The files should group by album and then you’ll be able to highlight them as a group and quickly delete them, without deleting cuts from other albums by the same artist. 

The problem is that many ripping programs build their folders by Artist. You can still play the album as a whole by selecting it as an album but Artists are all over the place. 

@crescendo wrote:

If you have mp3tag installed you can throw all the artist folders into one larger folder and use mp3tag to open that folder. Then you can group the files by any of the headings–Artist, Song and, for your purposes Album. The files should group by album and then you’ll be able to highlight them as a group and quickly delete them, without deleting cuts from other albums by the same artist. 

The problem is that many ripping programs build their folders by Artist. You can still play the album as a whole by selecting it as an album but Artists are all over the place. 

I take it, that mp3tag is a program, can it group what’re already inside the sansa clip plus ?

Mp3tag (download from this link)

is a free program, and yes, it can fix the tags already on the Sansa or delete files. Make sure you set its default (Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg) to Write ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1. 

I don’t know if it can open every file on both drives at once, but it can definitely open every file on a drive, which you could then group by album (clicking on the Album column heading). 

And you could open mp3tag twice, once for the internal and one for the external drive, and compare what you have in two different windows. 

I don’t know Media Monkey but it must have a similar function to group by Album if you click on the Album column. 

Message Edited by Crescendo on 12-22-2009 06:49 AM

I know I’m late to the party, but why are you messing around with Media Monkey? You don’t need this to delete anything. In fact, it is causing your confusion as to what is where.

Just open up Windows Explorer. Bear in mind that your player will have to be in the same USB mode as it was during the initial file transfer for the files to show. But in Explorer, regardless of USB mode you’ll be able to see both the internal and external memory, so you can delete the dupes from whichever storage space you wish.