Problem with audio (1GB)

Hello, just today I found out that there was something wrong with the audio in my sansa clip. I’ve had it for about 4-5 months and this is the first time it happened.

It has something like the “Voice Cancellation” similar to that in windows xp computers when you  open the sound effects. The music plays but the main vocals are taken out and you can only hear the background singers and most of the drums are drowned out. I’m not sure what I did. I didn’t press any buttons prior to this happening.I even tried to replace some of the songs from my computer again, but it’s still the same. Is there an option for changing this or could it be a bug?

Thanks for any advice :slight_smile:

I can’t imagine any bug with the Clip that could selectively remove parts of the audio like voice …

Are you sure you’re not getting only one of the two stereo channels?  Either in one earphone, or mono to both?

Thank you for the reply.

That might be the case. Both left and right of earphones is experiencing the exact same thing. I’m not sure if the two channels split and only one is playing or how that’s possible. If so, is there a way to get them back together?

Ok, I just found out that it’s a computer problem and that my whole laptop has the problem. I’ve check the voice cancellation option and it’s unchecked so I’m not sure why it’s acting as if it were permanant. I don’t recall changing any settings.

If you lose the common connection (ground) on your headset, or if the headphone plug is not fully inserted, you will hear the differential signal between right and left.

Voice is typically common to both channels, often monaural, so voices will “drop out” in this condition.

Check your headset connection, or try another headset.

µsansa

Thanks for the insight.

This seems very interesting and unusual. I know that when the headphones aren’t plugged in all the way there is a change. But somehow mines is the opposite. When it’s inserted, but doesn’t snap in, just lightly put in, the sound is normal. Then when I make sure it’s in all they way, the main voices are gone.

So yes I think there’s a problem with my headphones.