Hi! Trying to get my M230 working with Vista;
I got the puter to see the device by renaming the infcache1 file.
I was able to transfer music to the device, and play it.
When I open windows explorer, I could see the music that I just transferred, but none of the music that was on the device pre-Vista.
When I changed my USB setting to “auto detect” I could see the music that was on pre-vista, but not the music that was just transferred.
I attempted a firmware update (which failed) hoping that would straighten it out, but now when I connect my Sansa in MSC mode, I get the following error:
"Exception processing message 0xc0000013 parameters 0x75f7023c 0x84061e2c 0x75f7023c 0x75f7023c.
I formatted the device in auto detect mode, which seems to have worked, but when I try to update the firmware now I have to be in msc mode, which produces the aforemention error.
Don’t know where to go from here. I can use the device as is, but only in auto detect, which precludes any firmware updates.
My apologies if a double post shows up. I hit the “tab” key, and it did something unexpected.