Problem syncing music using WINAMP.

When i sync my music to my fuze using Winamp while being in MSC mode the synced music gets synced to the root menu on my fuze(where the music,video,etc:folders are located).Cant i set it to sync the music to my Music folder?

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

When i sync my music to my fuze using Winamp while being in MSC mode the synced music gets synced to the root menu on my fuze(where the music,video,etc:folders are located).Cant i set it to sync the music to my Music folder?

Thanks,

SR

You have to set it up within WinAmp to tell where and how the files are saved.  While your device is plugged in, it is located: Options>Perferences>Media Library>Portables>Drive Letter of your Device>Advanced Tab.

Within the Advanced section, the top space is entitled “File Name Format”.  You can change the path and naming scheme there.  By default Winamp puts files in the root directory, so if you change the string to include the MUSIC folder, your files will go in the proper location.

Note:  If you aren’t too familar with Winamp, you will have to include < > in your string to denote a folder.  More information can be found at the Winamp website 

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 04-16-2009 08:17 AM

Thanks a lot it worked perfectly!!!

You are a real Sansa Professor.

And if you dont mind i have another problem.I would really appreciate if you could also provide me with an answer to this.

Heres the link: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=24082

Thanks Again,

SR

Doesn’t work with sansa clip as the Advanced tab doesn’t exist.

I do NOT want it to create a huge hierarchy of directories. I do NOT store my music this way and hate being forced to. I order my playlists by WEEK. I want all my mp3s stored under the week of release in the format Artist - Title.mp3

with Sansa Clip I do not get the option to store my music this way. Even when I delete the playlist with the files it doesn’t delete the empty directories and I am left with hundreds of unwanted sub-directories.