Problem loading music from albums

When I synchronize a list of songs from an an album I have loaded into the library of Microsoft Media Player and copy them to my Sansa Clip I get the message " synchronize to continue your music subscription" the titles appear on the screen of the clip but there is no sound. can anyone help with this please

Are these tracks you own, like from a CD you ripped in WMP? By default, WMP rips music to ‘copy-protected’ .wma format. So in trying to transfer those songs to another device, the license info isn’t transferred with it, so they won’t play. It’s the fault of DRM (Digital Rights Mess).

You can either change the settings in WMP to not copy-protect ripped music, or change the format to .mp3 which is not subject to DRM-encryption.

If they are tunes form Rhapsody or another subscription service, the issue is the same (DRM), but the solution is different. Those tracks are only transferrable to an ‘authorized’ device.

Are these CD’s you ripped in WMP? By default, WMP rips music to ‘copy-protected’ .wma format. So in trying to transfer those songs to another device, the license info isn’t transferred with it, so they won’t play. It’s the fault of DRM (Digital Rights Mess).

You can either change the settings in WMP to not copy-protect ripped music if you want to stay with .wma format, or change the format to .mp3 which is not subject to DRM-encryption.