powering problems

I turned my Fuze on today and as usual I get the “sansa” logo but then the sceen goes white for a second, followed by the “red,gold,blue, green” icon that is frozen on the screen. Nothing else will happen. The only thing I can do is turn it off and start this whole mess over again. Oh btw…its 3 weeks old, stays in my house for my docking system. Any thoughts?

Plug the Fuze+ on your computer. See if its going to be detected. Format and update the firmware via going to this link: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-02-36-03/td-p/223254

The PC doesnt recognize it.

@cougarmark67xr7 wrote:

I turned my Fuze on today and as usual I get the “sansa” logo but then the sceen goes white for a second, followed by the “red,gold,blue, green” icon that is frozen on the screen. Nothing else will happen. The only thing I can do is turn it off and start this whole mess over again. Oh btw…its 3 weeks old, stays in my house for my docking system. Any thoughts?

You might have loaded a bad file that the fuze doesnt like. While it’s off, activate the hold switch and hold down the left button while connecting it to the computer. It should now be recognized as a Removable storage device. Try to look for the recent files you have loaded and delete them. Much better if you can just format it. :wink:

How can I format it when I can’t get the PC to recognize it?

1.) Do you have a Fuze or Fuze +?

2.) Have you tried resetting it by holding the power button (or slide switch on the original Fuze) on (or up) for 20 - 30 seconds?

This is aa 4GB Fuze. It is 3 weeks old and has not been abused in any way. When I power it up, I get the “sansa” logo followed by a brief white screen. I then get the “sansa” exploding screen and then it locks up at the “red,gold,blue,green” icon. If I hold the power slide switch, it will finally turn off. Turning it back on will only repeat the sequence. If I plug it into my PC, it doesn’t recognize it. It’s still under warranty and I cold send it back to Sansa, but is there something I can do?

Thanks, Mark

CougarMark67XR7 wrote:

If I hold the power slide switch, it will finally turn off. Turning it back on will only repeat the sequence.

OK, try completing the reset procedure. When it’s stuck like that, hold the power switch in the uppermost position as you have been doing . . . only do not release it when the unit powers off. Continue holding it for a full slow count of 20.

Now release it, wait a second and see if it will start up normally. If so, great! If not, and it’s still under warranty, feel free to call SanDisk Tech Support. If they can’t get it going for you and determine it is defective, they’ll arrange to get a new one sent to you.

OK…thanks for your time. Looks like I’m getting a replacement from sansa. I wonder if this is just a chinese POS or what? 3 weeks old, used 4 times!  I miss the day of good old american craftmanship!!

Most all electronics are made in China today, not just SanDisk’s products. Even those i-whatchamacallits.

I too, miss seeing the “Made in America” stamp on just about any consumer product you can name these days but when you get right down to it, the fact that everything we buy today is made in China or other 3rd-world countries is our own fault for demanding to buy said product at a price that’s lower than what it can be manufactured in this country for. Hence we are all out of work, trade agreements are totally one-sided and our country’s economy is in the crapper.

But . . . that’s a discussion for a different thread. :wink: