Possible to rename device / Synch'ing multiple Clips with PC?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to rename my Sansa Clip. We have all in all 4 Clips in our house, 2 2 GB devices and 2 8 GB devices. I would like to give each an individual name. I have been able to rename them but after disconnecting and reconnecting they are right back to the old generic “Sansa Clip” name.

Also, it seems to me that I am running into problems attempting to synch all of these devices with one single desktop - I always get weird messages when I switch from one Clip to another. That’s why I was trying to give each a unique name to circumvent this.

Any ideas?

@schnarpsel wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to rename my Sansa Clip. We have all in all 4 Clips in our house, 2 2 GB devices and 2 8 GB devices. I would like to give each an individual name. I have been able to rename them but after disconnecting and reconnecting they are right back to the old generic “Sansa Clip” name.

Also, it seems to me that I am running into problems attempting to synch all of these devices with one single desktop - I always get weird messages when I switch from one Clip to another. That’s why I was trying to give each a unique name to circumvent this.

Any ideas?

Are they all the same size? I have 2 Clips, but they show up in WMP 11 as Sansa Clip 2GB and Sansa Clip 8GB.

No, like I said I have two 8 GB, each shows up as “Sansa Clip 8GB”, and two 2 GB devices, each shows up as “Sansa Clip 2GB”. I would like to distinguish the same size ones from each other. Thanks.

@schnarpsel wrote:
No, like I said I have two 8 GB, each shows up as “Sansa Clip 8GB”, and two 2 GB devices, each shows up as “Sansa Clip 2GB”. I would like to distinguish the same size ones from each other. Thanks.

Oops…reading too fast.

I’m pretty sure you can in WMP 11, although I don’t remember exactly how…'cause I renamed my Fuze and microsdhc card months ago before I stopped using WMP with the Fuze.

Thank you but I tried renaming in Explorer as well as in WMP11 - it switches right back to the factory name… It is odd because I can rename any old USB stick any way I want - just the Clip resists…