Possible to delete entire folder?

I would like to delete an entire folder from my clip+ player itself (not when connected to PC).

I know how to delete an individual folder, but I don’t see any way of deleting an entire folder.

Is this possible? 

stansbury wrote:

I would like to delete an entire folder from my clip+ player itself (not when connected to PC).

I know how to delete an individual folder, but I don’t see any way of deleting an entire folder.

Is this possible? 

I don’t know what you mean by this.

But I believe you can delete an entire album folder (as opposed to single track files), but that’s as high as the Delete function will go on the unit itself. In other words, if you have an Artist folder with several Album folders within, you can delete the album folders, but not the Artist folder.

For more massive extermination, you need to connect to your computer.

Maybe this is a bit more clear:

I transfer an entire folder of podcasts from my PC to my clip+.  When I’m done listening to the podcasts, I 'd like to delete the entire folder of podcasts from the clip+ before I connect it to the PC.  

Is that possible?

I don’t think so. If you delete all the individual clips inside a folder, the folder itself will disappear, but I don’t think there is a way to do it with one click for the whole folder.

stansbury wrote:

I transfer an entire folder of podcasts from my PC to my clip+.  When I’m done listening to the podcasts, I 'd like to delete the entire folder of podcasts from the clip+ before I connect it to the PC.  

Is that possible?

I don’t think so. The Delete Album folder option is not available if the files are in the Podcast folder. If they are .mp3’s and you put them in the Music folder, fooling the player into thinking they are music files, it might though.

stansbury wrote:

Is that possible?

Why not just delete each one once you’ve finished listening to it? That’s what I do.

regarding putting podcasts into music folder:

I could try that.  

All of my podcasts are mp3 files.  At present I don’t presently listen to my podcasts in podcast mode.

I drop a “MyPodcasts” folder at the root level of the clip.  I then use Music mode and navigate to internal and then navigate to “MyPodcasts” folder and ‘play all’

So if I drop my “MyPodcasts” folder from my PC into the Music folder (instead of the root level) in MSC mode, then I’ll be able to delete that whole folder?  Is “MyPodcasts” folder considered an album if it is a subfolder in the Music folder?

I’ll try that next time I transfer a new batch of podcasts. 

___

regarding deleting podcasts one at a time: 

Most of the time I listen to podcasts in the car - so I really can’t do much manipulation of the device.  

That is one of my main criteria for selecting a mp3 player - I must be able to do the basics (pause, stop, skip to next track) by feel only.  The clip is pretty good in this sense, once I start playing podcasts I don’t need to look at the screen.  My podcasts play automatically in the order I want.  (This is why I have no interest in touch screen devices.)

But with the clip I cannot delete the podcasts ‘by feel’.  I’d have to look at the screen, which I won’t do while driving. 

Its not a big deal, but it would save me a little time by deleting the entire folder before connecting to PC.

I guess a media mgr or podcast mgr software program could probably do it, but I don’t ‘sync’ my player.  I just use it as a MSC device and simply cut and paste podcast files from pc to clip.  

My podcasts are all ‘disposable’.  I listen to them once and then delete - so no reason to sync things up.  That is also why playlists don’t make sense (to me) for podcasts.

stansbury wrote:

Most of the time I listen to podcasts in the car - so I really can’t do much manipulation of the device.  

But with the clip I cannot delete the podcasts ‘by feel’.  I’d have to look at the screen, which I won’t do while driving. 

Its not a big deal, but it would save me a little time by deleting the entire folder before connecting to PC.

Definitely a good idea to keep you eyes on the road . . .

Just a suggestion here, if my previous one doesn’t work . . . Since you have to connect to your computer at regular intervals to load up your new batch of podcasts anyway, couldn’t you just delete the old, listened to ones at the same time? Delete first, then re-load the new ones all at the same connection time. That would only take about another 30 secs. or so.

Tapeworm wrote:

stansbury wrote:

Definitely a good idea to keep you eyes on the road . . .

Just a suggestion here, if my previous one doesn’t work . . . Since you have to connect to your computer at regular intervals to load up your new batch of podcasts anyway, couldn’t you just delete the old, listened to ones at the same time? Delete first, then re-load the new ones all at the same connection time. That would only take about another 30 secs. or so.

I just tried pasting the “MyPodcasts” folder from my PC into the “Music” folder of the clip+.

I still did not see any way of deleting the entire “MyPodcasts” folder when I’ve listened to all of the podcasts.

The only time I ever see a “delete” options is when I’m listening to a particular mp3 file (song or podcast).

So it does not appear that there is anyway to delete more than one file at a time on the Clip+ (must use PC to delete entire folder).