possible to access files on e250 in recovery mode?

Something possessed me to try and format my e250 as a usb storage drive for my xbox 360. It worked and I transfered my saves to the player but since then it’s been completely brick on me.

As many of you know the player doesn’t show up as a connect drive in windows, but as “tango digital media platform.”

I need to get the files off the player, I can worry about unbricking it at a later date.

I have access to both a windows and ubuntu pc. Any help you can offer will be invaluable.

Thanks

fabo

I got the info from another forum saying that i cannot access the files on the disc in recovery mode. I was wondering if it was possible to recover files after inserting the sansa.fmt file?

Message Edited by fabolousrmx on 04-14-2010 09:07 PM

sansa.fmt will erase all your files on the unit. Gone, gone, gone.

Use the Ubuntu computer and search for e200tool or fixmysansa.blogspot.com

I tired everying but formatting the player. I can get through most of the steps@ http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/

with no problem accept after i install the mi4 & the rom files the player restarts and goes back to brick mode.

Oh and instead of a 16mb drive I get a 17mb drive that pops up. I didn’t think it mattered.

Also according to the lsusb on ubuntu the player is always in recovery mode no matter what i do to it. 

Any pointers

Message Edited by fabolousrmx on 04-14-2010 09:17 PM

Message Edited by fabolousrmx on 04-14-2010 09:23 PM

fabolousrmx wrote:

I tired everying but formatting the player.

You already tried that. That’s what the sansa.fmt file does; tells the player to format itself.