Possible downgrade

OK well I used to own a Creative ZenV+ but working construction destroyed that little guy fast.

I’ve recently grown exceptionaly tired of the Fuze’s colors and theme [no offense Sandisk, the player works wonderfully]. 

I then because aware of the RockBox mod’s being made up, perfect. I know it’s in beta phazes but that doesn’t bother me, I know my way around alot of problems and computer errors. 

So I went about the update thread and got myself the V1 firmware to downgrade manually, since obviously the Update won’t allow me to do that haha.

Everything went smoothly until I unplugged the V2 I already had installed with a RockBox bin and directory. No I didn’t brick it or anything, simply put, nothing happened. It goes through updating media prompt, then . . . nothing? 

I tried restarting the Fuze, still nothing happened. I thought well maybe I installed to the wrong directory, nope it’s in the root file/folder. Hmm . . ok well they said it won’t work with V2 guess I should just listen next time.

So now let’s try downgrading firmware to a v1 instead of 2. Unzipped the v1 firmware fuzeA.bin and replaced in the root directory, removed the RockBox folder, unplugged, and guess what :smiley: NOTHING! 

Still it goes through the updating media prompt, and then goes directly to the menu. 

Notes: 

USB mode is in the MCS “if i remembered the abbreviation correctly”,
There’s no external mSD card plugged in during the whole process. 
It’s a Fuze v2.02.### etc. 
The Fuze never died during the process nor was unplugged abruptly.
I even went about and backed up my music and media, then formatted the disc.
Reset to factory settings.
Then restarted the process to no avail, it still does absolutely nothing when i try both the regular firmware, and the RockBox mod.

Any ideas on how to downgrade? Either that or did i miss something during the process of installing the rockbox?

Some people have said it’s impossible, but that simply doesn’t make sense, cause I believe I remember quite explicitly seeing my Fuze display v01 when I bought it. So simply saying “The difference is in hardware not software, it’s impossble” does not make any sense at all since Obviously SanDisk did not come to my house when I upgraded my firmware and snuck me a new one.

Message Edited by xionsolaris on 09-18-2009 07:10 PM

@xionsolaris wrote:

Some people have said it’s impossible, but that simply doesn’t make sense, cause I believe I remember quite explicitly seeing my Fuze display v01 when I bought it. So simply saying “The difference is in hardware not software, it’s impossble” does not make any sense at all since Obviously SanDisk did not come to my house when I upgraded my firmware and snuck me a new one.

Message Edited by xionsolaris on 09-18-2009 07:10 PM

I believe you remember wrong. You can’t install v1 firmware on a v2 Fuze. It simply won’t work. A v2 isn’t simply a v1 with newer firmware. There are two different hardware versions of the players, each with its own firmware.
Message Edited by gwk1967 on 09-18-2009 09:21 PM

Hmm, maybe it was just another driver I updated around the same time. . . Well **bleep**, I’ve taken a look around the net, a few times now, and I still can’t manage to fnd any resource to give the Fuze a fresher look. It’s almost become a kind of quest to make it look better.  Are there any resources at all? that can change atleast the background or the Fuze and possibly the theme without using RockBox?

Without Rockbox? Not that I know of.