Port cover for Clip+'s mini-B USB port

OK, found a nice source for rubber caps for the Clip+'s mini-B USB port, for those concerned about dust/sweat/rain getting inside the player:

http://www.bestbyte.net and then search on the product number, CBUS01CPMF.

OK price-wise, at 49 cents.  (Better would be a few at that price, for what these are, in the end …)  But, $2.49 to ship in the U.S. 

The concern is not with the USB connector.  It is isolated from the circuit board.  Dust and light moisture can easily be blown out.

The real problem is with that microSD slot which exposes the circuit board.  Mine is covered with tape but a plug should have been supplied.

melman wrote:

The concern is not with the USB connector.  It is isolated from the circuit board.  Dust and light moisture can easily be blown out.

The real problem is with that microSD slot which exposes the circuit board.  Mine is covered with tape but a plug should have been supplied.

You could always put a card in the slot.:wink:

melman wrote:

Actually, some heavy exercisers have reported concerns or issues with sweat and the USB port.

I agree as to a card slot concern.  A reason I keep a card in the card slot, even if I’m not using the card.

If you only want to fill the card slot and don’t care about the memory, here’s a 2gb card at $3.75 shipped.  Nicer looking than tape, it seems to me.   :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MicroSD-Card-2GB…item415138d15d

And by the way: frys.com has Polaroid 8 and 16GB microSD cards on sale right now at $10 and $18, after rebate (with shipping at only $2).  Nice prices!

Miikerman wrote:

If you only want to fill the card slot and don’t care about the memory, here’s a 2gb card at $3.75 shipped.  Nicer looking than tape, it seems to me.   :wink:

Heyyyy! I resent that!

Miikerman wrote:

If you only want to fill the card slot and don’t care about the memory, here’s a 2gb card at $3.75 shipped.  _ Nicer looking than tape, it seems to me. _   :wink:

Heyyyy! I resent that!

Tapeworm wrote:

Miikerman wrote:

If you only want to fill the card slot and don’t care about the memory, here’s a 2gb card at $3.75 shipped.  _ Nicer looking than tape, it seems to me. _   :wink:

Heyyyy! I resent that!

There are different kinds…:wink:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 07-17-2010 07:03 PM

@miikerman wrote:

Actually, some heavy exercisers have reported concerns or issues with sweat and the USB port.

My player is in my shorts pocket when I exercise, so actual sweat isn’t my problem.  Debris (dirt and lint) in my pocket is.  No major problems so far.  Tape over the card slot has been working just fine.