Poping noise when the headphone jack is plugged in all the way

I love my 4 gig (the wifes) and 8 gig (mine) fuse but I have noticed that when you plug the jack in all the way something happens and you get a poping noise untill you pull the jack out a little bit.

This happens with all 4 sets of head phones I have and I tried 2 diff patch cords and I even tried a monster splitter cord but it is the same with all of them. 

I’m concidering putting a little o ring on the jacks so they don’t go in so far but I shouldn’t have to.

Even with this little problem I LOVE them and want to that SanDisk for going up against the big guys and making such a fine product.

Message Edited by repair on 08-03-2008 11:36 AM

I had this for the first time this morning with new headphones.  The ones supplied with the Fuze are OK - but not my Senheissers.  A quick internet search shows a number of people with exactly this problem.  Unfortunately it does seem to be a design flaw which hopefully will get fixed in later versions.  Unfortunately it looks like the “washer” may be the only fix which is a horrible kludge.  It will be interesting to see if anyone returns theirs as faulty and get one back that doesn’t have the clicking.

Regards

Mark

Thanks

I’m sure that they will fix this problem… well at least we have an option to an Ipod and Itunes

@repair wrote:

I love my 4 gig (the wifes) and 8 gig (mine) fuse but I have noticed that when you plug the jack in all the way something happens and you get a poping noise untill you pull the jack out a little bit.

This happens with all 4 sets of head phones I have and I tried 2 diff patch cords and I even tried a monster splitter cord but it is the same with all of them. 

I’m concidering putting a little o ring on the jacks so they don’t go in so far but I shouldn’t have to.

Even with this little problem I LOVE them and want to that SanDisk for going up against the big guys and making such a fine product.

Message Edited by repair on 08-03-2008 11:36 AM

Anyone got this problem?  I just bought my 8GB Black Fuze from Costco and I’m getting this clicking noise, I think I’m gonna go exchange for another Fuze…A slight touch to the headphone adapter and it starts this clicking noise and cancels out any other sound. Very annoying!