Podcast track order

There is one podcast that I regularly listen to that has each hour of the program in a separate file.

I have a procedure setup using MP3Tag to store the podcast name and date in the Album tag, and the hour in the Track tag. This keeps the daily shows nicely separate.

However, for whatever reason, the tracks always show up in reverse order. 4-3-2-1. This only happens with Podcasts. For Music albums, they are in the correct order. Is this a known bug? It seems very bizzare.

Yes, this is a bug in the Fuze.  Kind of makes listening to podcasts, which are updated regularly, kind of like listening to a time warp, doesn’t it??

Why would one want to listen in newest-oldest order?  I open my books, and newspapers, at the front page, thank you!  Well, on the e200v2, the order is correct.  When listening to the Fuze, I have to revert to the Reverse Polish Notation again. (I’ve used HP scientific calculators for years, the only faithful RPN device!)

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having the same problem.  The funny thing is, I’m saving these podcasts as music files in their own directory, not in the podcast directory that the Fuze creates in root.

I wonder why it would do that…

Of the four podcast playlists I have, two of them are named podcast in the ID3 tags.  These two podcasts are stolen by the Fuze and placed in the podcast folder.

Accessing the playlist field, these two podcast lists are “empty”, but the Fuze interestingly “clues” you in to that fact by not stating <empty> in the selected playlist. 

Not all podcasters name the genre field “podcast”.  The Pentagon Channel is interestingly named “blues”… go figure!

The files moved to the podcast folder list in reverse order, but the PC playlist plus NASA news list are in the correct order.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: