Please welcome our newest forum member

Me.

Talk nerdy to me. Oooh baby!

ram, hard drive, floppy disk… o my

No no the saying is byte, megabyte and gigabyte oh my.

am I the only one who has stuck a usb connection inside the lanport on accident. It fits almost perfectly

I’d have to go with yes. But least you haven’t blown up your internet connection beyond repair.

yes

You’re putting a rectangular plug into a square hole.

they are both on the back of my laptop. =(

atleast my co-worker agreed with me, now i just feel silly.

Like I said I did worse.

Better to feel silly than be dumb.  :smileyvery-happy:

It’s ok though- when I joined the Army (April 2000) I endured almost a year of bootcamp and technical training to get to my first assignment and be told I’ll be working in the mailroom for 6 months. The first day after I finally got out and got to the shop I’d be working in I accidentally broke the cable off a $35,000.00 “klystron”. And it can’t be re-attached.  At least we were replacing the klystron because they suspected it was bad anyways…

And my first week on the new job here (Afghanistan) I swapped power cables on printers without checking if the power was the same. It wasn’t. Printers that run on 110v don’t like 220v.  “POP!” and a burning smell is never good…     But at least they had a powersupply in stock for the printer so we didn’t have to wait 3 months…

(And i should have known better- I fried my personal computer’s powersupply the same way back in Germany a long time ago…)

So cheer up!! :smileyvery-happy:

remind me not to come to you for power issues :smiley:

Its ok, I put my ram sticks in backwards, and blew up my mobo…

Don’t ask…

Now I don’t feel quite so dumb. Just glad I had a step-dad who reformated it for me for free.