Please mark files (and folders) with bookmarks

One little feature request that would make a big difference.

Audiobooks which contain bookmark (resume option), mark them with an asterisk, or a dot, or something similar. It’s great to be able to see what was the last file/chapter I stopped last time, so I can resume.

Marking Folders which contain at least one bookmarked file, would also be nice but I understand this would be a little more complex to implement.

Do you have the most up-to-date firmware?  I mention this, because there was a time when the Clip’s firmware did a terrible job of marking which track you were on.  Now when I’m on track 5, navigate away to music, then navigate back to my book, it takes me automatically to track 5. 

This works for me, although there’s still no visual.

The current firmware automatically bookmarks your audiobooks and will ask you if you want to resume where you left off.

It does, but when I am browsing audiobook files, not attempting to play them, I cannot see which files have a bookmark on them and which don’t. In other words, you don’t know which files you’ve listened before and which you haven’t, not until you try to play them.

Wow–you are a much better person than me, being able to go through multiple books simulatraneously!   :)   I have a hard time keeping more than a couple straight!

Nah, it’s just that I have several different topics I have audiobooks on. I listen to educational material, rather than literature, so I don’t usually listen to a single audiobook completely before I move to a different one.