please advice me about buying FUZE

Hi!

i own today a sansa view 8 GB. since i bought i understood the mistake , and cant go on with my VIEW.

it freezes about every 10 seconds, what makes me crazy, and that’s the main reason why i want to change my MP3 player.

so anyone could tell me if the FUZE does have the freezing problem too? but i mean after inserting more than 6 GB of songs

(because with 100 songs, even the VIEW does not frezze much)

thank you very much! 

oriel

P.S  sorry for bad english.

@oriel wrote:

Hi!

i own today a sansa view 8 GB. since i bought i understood the mistake , and cant go on with my VIEW.

it freezes about every 10 seconds, what makes me crazy, and that’s the main reason why i want to change my MP3 player.

so anyone could tell me if the FUZE does have the freezing problem too? but i mean after inserting more than 6 GB of songs

(because with 100 songs, even the VIEW does not frezze much)

thank you very much! 

oriel

P.S  sorry for bad english.

I’m new to the sansa line of MP3 players so I’ll try to give you whatever help I can.

First did you try formatting your View and re-installing (or updating) the firmware on it?  That might fix your freezing problem (unless this is a normal problem with the View)…

I just got an 8GB Sansa Fuze a few days ago and so far I have no problems with it (minor little things that bug me but no serious issues.  Just having problems adding album art to it and I wish I could browse album or artits by selecting a letter of the alphabet instead of having to scroll through all of my music).

Right now I have about 5GB on the internal memory and another 5GB on the external (8GB memory I bought).  It hasn’t frozen up on me yet and seems to be working just fine.  

Message Edited by Corilof on 06-02-2008 08:15 AM

I have an 8GB Fuze with over 7GB of mp3s (around 1700 songs) and  I’ve never had it freeze.

However, since you are currently using a View, I assume video is important to you.  The Fuze has very pretty limited video support, so if that’s important to you, I’d look elsewhere.  But as a music player the Fuze rocks.

No worries with the new Fuze!

Your problems with the View are related to its unique processor, and its optimization for video.  The Fuze, the Clip, and the e200v2 all use the new AustriaMicrosystems processor, and they are all sailing on quite nicely…with a minimum of freezes.

In fact, most freezes are related to the media alone, and not the device.

The View has great potential, but the task is debugging the firmware at this point.

For the time being, I think the new Fuze is the hot ticket.  Its size is incredible, and for video, the sideways (landscape) screen is very nice indeed.  If video is your thing, it plays quite smoothly.  With MicroSD support, capacity is not an issue.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

thank you for thequick answer!

about the view - i dont really care about video, i only care for music to be played with no issues.

and with the view it is just impossible.

and when you say it does not freeze - even when you change songs ?(for example - sometimes i change many songs (in shuffle mode) until i get to a song i want t hear) ?

thanks again :slight_smile:

@oriel wrote:

thank you for thequick answer!

about the view - i dont really care about video, i only care for music to be played with no issues.

and with the view it is just impossible.

and when you say it does not freeze - even when you change songs ?(for example - sometimes i change many songs (in shuffle mode) until i get to a song i want t hear) ?

thanks again :slight_smile:

I do that too and my Fuze never froze on me yet.  So that shouldn’t be a problem.

Hi,

I’m thinking of getting a Fuze. At the moment I have a 2GB Express, which I love, but I do like the look of the Fuze… Anyway, my main reason for having an mp3 player is for Audio books and Old Time Radio shows. Will the Fuze be good for those types of things?

For your audiobook needs, the Fuze will perform fine.  You mention that you have an Express; if small is your thing, you’ll be amazed at the new Clip!!

The latest firmware for the Clip supports podcasts and audiobooks with a new bookmark feature.  Of course, Audible books are also supported.  It’s really hard to beat the 2GB Clip.

The Fuze is essentially an e200 display married to a Clip.  The name makes perfect sense, considering the development of this wee beastie.  The e200v2 came out as the v2, with the heart of the Fuze hidden within.  Looking at the Fuze in the hand, it’s impressive.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:Thank you!

thank you! :slight_smile: