Playlists of podcasts

My first Clip broke but I liked it so much that I bought another one despite the flimsiness.

I was delighted to see built-in support for Podcasts in the new one (something that wasn’t in the old one). Auto-bookmark especially is a godsend. Except I don’t seem to be able to use this as part of a playlist

In effect, I have to choose between podcast support (which gives me slow/normal/fast speed settings and the auto-bookmark) or the use of playlists. I haven’t found a way to use playlists and still get the podcast features.

If I mark a file as “podcast” I can still add it to a playlist. But if I get to it via the playlist, it is treated as a regular music file (I don’t get the auto-bookmark for it). If I get to the same file from the podcast menu, I get the features.

But I want to organize my podcasts in a specific order. I listen to them in the car and I don’t want to have to browse the menu to go from one to the next. I want to create the playlist on my computer before I get in my car and have them play in the order of my choice without me having to do anything when I drive.

Am I missing a way to do this?

I am using a 2GB clip with updated firmware (V01.01.32A).