Playlists keep coming up empty

I used Media Monkey, Winamp, playlist creator…first time it worked fine with Winamp. Since then they all keep coming empty. What am I doing wrong?

I read all the threads…is it lack of space, should I try other format than .m3u?

Thanks for the help!

What firmware are you using?  Also, try copying the folder with the playlist using drag-drop and MSC mode to see it it matters.

What works fine for me is to mount in MSC mode and use Playlist Creator and point it directly at the device. That way the paths to the files don’t get messed up

Message Edited by timn on 06-08-2009 02:30 PM

@bandabou wrote:

I used Media Monkey, Winamp, playlist creator…first time it worked fine with Winamp. Since then they all keep coming empty. What am I doing wrong?

I read all the threads…is it lack of space, should I try other format than .m3u?

Thanks for the help!

Winamp is the best method to create playlists in MSC mode.  Drag files from the Fuze into Winamp’s playlist editor, arrange as desired and save the m3u file directly to the Fuze’s MUSIC folder.  That last bit is critical.  Don’t save it anywhere else and try to copy to the Fuze.  Save it directly to the Fuze’s MUSIC folder or the paths in the playlist will be incorrect and you’ll have the “empty playlist” problem.

EMPTY PLAYLIST - (ONGOING as of JAN 2008??)

As my Ipod Touch died 13 months after purchasing and “Adams Fruit” Store want £100 to fix it, I thought I
would indulge my enjoyment of music with a Sansa Fuze+ as the reviews looked promising!!

The FUZE+ sounds great and the device seems to function as expected - EXCEPT for those pesky PLAYLISTS!
(and of course the 68 seconds the device takes to startup can be a pain!)

Firmware Version is 02.37.01P
Songs: “5387” (Podcasts, Video, Photo’s, Audio Books all “ZERO”)
Lots of spare MB’s of memory.

I have read and re-read all the POSTS in the FORUMS and tried everything. I get “EMPTY PLAYLIST”

Many times I have ‘cycled’ through these actions:
[1] FORMAT internal and microSDHC Card memory
[2a] Change USB mode to MTP
[2b] Also try with USB mode MCS
[3] Carefully follow the instructions here:-

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/946/kw/creating%20playlist%20WMP%2012#sync_playlist

On navigating to the PLAYLISTS, either the device shuts down or I get “EMPTY PLAYLIST”

I have not tried Winamp or Media Monkey (not keen on either!) using USB Mode of MSC but the awesome J RIVER Media Jukebox has lots of playlist creating options - I have tried them all…

To me, the most obvious format of the resulting M3U file in the FUZE+ Playlist Folder would be:

…\Music\Korn\Follow The Leader\14 Freak On A Leash.mp3
…\Music\Slipnot\The Subliminal Verses\04 Duality.mp3

other ouput options are:-

“...\Music\Korn\Follow The Leader\14 Freak On A Leash.mp3”

“…\Korn\Follow The Leader\14 Freak On A Leash.mp3”

“F:\Music\Korn\Follow The Leader\14 Freak On A Leash.mp3”

Any new ideas / Fixes / Updates / Options / Patches? please?

Regards: BlowinaFuze