playlist

is it normal for the playlist to show nothing (except for golist, just most played songs and the others)

Are you possibly confused as to what a playlist is?

I ‘playlist’ is a file that you build that contains the ‘list’ of files you want to play and the order you want them played.

For instance I have a folder for Shania Twain music.  I have a playlist file that only plays her tunes that made the top-10 from that folder.  So, I can play the entire folder, or just her top-10 tunes.

If you have not put a ‘playlist’ file on you Fuze, then nothing will show up under that caption.

ps - today I decided that I really didn’t want the Beatles on my Fuze!  Gees, talk about earbud pain! 

I tried all day to get playlists to work on my 8 gig Fuze - I learned alot about WMP and the Fuze, but I couldn’t get playlists to show up in MUSIC. Read a few posts here in this forum, changed SETTINGS/USB MODE to MTP, and it worked perfectly, even with the uSD card I added for more memory. Sandisk should say in their documentation or on the website: IF PLAYLISTS DON’T APPEAR ON THE DEVICE AFTER FOLLOWING THE WMP HELP PROCEDURES, CHANGE SETTINGS/USB MODE TO MTP. Just my opinion, have a nice day.

Ah, the Beatles.  Nightmare recordings.  Made with the idea that we’re all listening on a PHILCO console stereo: one box, speakers to the side.  They mastered the recordings with 100% signals to either channel.

So, you’ll have the voice on the left only, and an instrument track on the other, then they’d flop.

_ Ghastly experience on headphones, isn’t it? _ Well, the late '60s devolved into “personal medication” with your music.  Ouch.

Bob  :cry:

Some artists still use it.  I have a more recent track with one person in the left ear only and the other in the right.  It’s truly horrible to listen to using headphones.  It’s a shame because it means some great tracks have to stay at home.

I tried all day to get playlists to work on my 8 gig Fuze - I learned alot about WMP and the Fuze, but I couldn’t get playlists to show up in MUSIC. Read a few posts here in this forum, changed SETTINGS/USB MODE to MTP, and it worked perfectly, even with the uSD card I added for more memory. Sandisk should say in their documentation or on the website: IF PLAYLISTS DON’T APPEAR ON THE DEVICE AFTER FOLLOWING THE WMP HELP PROCEDURES, CHANGE SETTINGS/USB MODE TO MTP. Just my opinion, have a nice day.

Totally agree. I’ve just waste an hour on this. The playlist will not show. Will try your idea. Why do troubleshooters never cover the problem? I follwed the simple instructions to the letter and no playlist.

Getting frustrated with this thing now. Wll try your idea.

Why don’t they read these forums and produce instructions to suit???

Thanks a lot Cjensen!

I’ve been trying for days now to get it work and it extremeky frustated me that it didn’t.

I just couldn’t believe that something as simple as have a set of songs assembled in a playlist of my MY choice could not be done.

Just followed your simple instructions and …Zbeng, it works.

Completely agree with you (and others on this forum) about the lack of appropriate instructions.

I guess that they trust more on this forum than on their manuals!!!