Playlist Trouble

I recently purchased a Fuze+ and am very satisfied. I never bothered with playlists on my old player, but it’s a hassle when I have so much more music on this to scroll through to find the things I want…thus, I decided to make a few playlists.

I can’t find any guides online because I either find info for the Fuze, not the Fuze+, or they just say the basic ‘use Windows Media Player’ or such. But my issue is, I already have all my music on the device and would really rather not un-sync it and re-sync it to create playlists from my machine. This music is from both my desktop and laptop machine - I have no central location where my music is stored because my music is different on both computers. It would be a lot easier to just open up the music on the device and create playlists from there, but WMP refuses to let me - the only way seems to be grabbing music off my machine and turning it into a playlist. I can’t do that when half the music I want in the playlist doesn’t exist on any one computer…and it was synced with WMP, so it’s not all dragged and dropped on the device to where I can use the right-click method in file browser mode. They’re all categorized by artist inside the player because of the way it was synced.

Is there any SIMPLE way I can just take the music I already have on the device and make playlists out of it? So I don’t actually need to take all my music off it, place it in a folder on one of my computers, create a playlist, and then sync…? Am I missing something obvious here? Absolutely nothing I do seems to let me create one in WMP. It’d be so much easier if I could create playlists from the device itself, like I could with my old player…which was tedious, admittedly (which is why I usually didn’t bother), but it was at least possible.

This is going to be so easy.  

In WMP,  create several empty play list.  Sync the empty play list to your Fuse+.   When you select add to play list, you will be able to add to any of play list on you Fuse+. 

Personally, I would just use Real Player. I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t need any music to be stored on your computer to create playlists on your device. Just be warned, though, that when you load your device into Real Player, the program will freeze for a few minuets, as it must read each and every single file!:angry:

@halonachos117 wrote:

Personally, I would just use Real Player. I’m pretty sure that it doesn’t need any music to be stored on your computer to create playlists on your device. Just be warned, though, that when you load your device into Real Player, the program will freeze for a few minuets, as it must read each and every single file!:angry:

My recent experience with the latest version of real player was not good.  After connecting to that version, I was not able to view what was on my Fuse+ via Windows Media Player.    I uninstalled the new version, Found a copy of the previous version and opted for no new updates.  

It would be nice to know that it better about Real Player in doing what sound like the exact same this function that is so easy in WMP.

FUZE+ is AWESOME (especially for the reasonable price, a fraction some other players!)

Yes!, the ‘touch pad’ can be a little slow with a big library. (I found it MUCH more responsive in USB Mode: MTP)…

I have tried most Media Players but for me, J RIVER MEDIA JUKEBOX is the best for managing digital music! It has many outstanding features and it’s FREE (only the full MEDIA CENTRE is pay-for).

I found Windows Media Player to be slow and cumbersome!

Apart from adding 8,000 Album Art JPG’s. and having some odd PLAYLIST behaviors??
For example:

I performed a FORMAT of the FUZE+ 16GB Internal mem  & 16GB card.

It took nearly 5 Hours to ADD FILES to FUZE+ using WMP 11 (or 12) where J RIVER took only 1 hour.

Later I added a NEW PLAYLIST of 86 ‘5 STAR’ rated songs and WMP added those 85 songs to the FUZE+ AGAIN!! Thereby unnecessarily filling up the memory!

@pdumas7 wrote:

In WMP,  create several empty play list.  Sync the empty play list to your Fuse+.   When you select add to play list, you will be able to add to any of play list on you Fuse+. 

The problem with using this method is that the changes are not saved to the original playlist file you created, just to some hidden version of the playlist file which erases if you do a hard reset. What is needed is for Sansa to fix the firmware and properly read m3u files for mp3s in nested folders.

@buckminster wrote:

@pdumas7 wrote:

The problem with using this method is that the changes are not saved to the original playlist file you created, just to some hidden version of the playlist file which erases if you do a hard reset. What is needed is for Sansa to fix the firmware and properly read m3u files for mp3s in nested folders.

You are correct.  I just tried to copy a play list back to WPM and to the place Vista keeps the play list.  The play list on player can not be copied back to the the computer.   Making this backward compatible would be desirable if music was a major percentage of my usage.  I stumble into this and most of my list were used for less than a month.  The nested file play has been mentioned many times.  I am ready to use it when it comes out.  Unlike some, I do not think updates will come anytime soon and when it does it will be like the audiobook update.  

I would make sure that all of my music can be viewed in WMP and use WMP to create the play list.  I recently looked for some music I had purchased on-line.  I found it on my computer but it was not in WMP.  I had to go into the folder and select play all.  This updated WMP and now I can do with this music what ever I like.  

I have some nested folders that I play only on mp3 CDs.  I tried getting some of these files into plays list in WMP without playing them first,  It was not hard.  I opened a play list for testing.  One of the short term use playlist.  I selected “Edit in List Pane”  I found the files I wanted to add to the play list via Explore.  I highlighted the files and right click the contents or right click on the folder and  and selected Add to media play list.  This put the file in the Play list pain.   This puts the new files with the existing files.  I selected “save as” from the drop down at the top of the play list and made my new file permanent in the play list.  What I like about this work around is that all of these steps are standard functions.

I think I still will play these nested files on CD until the Fuse+ can play them in the nested layout.  I only need these files when I am driving to work.