Playlist shows as filenames and won't play songs sequentially

Why is my playlist showing as filenames and not using their iD3 tags as they do in my music folder? For example: “Feeder - 03 Helium.mp3” instead of “Feeder - Helium” as it should be?

EDIT: thanks bob for the help on that.

Message Edited by ackers on 01-13-2009 01:03 PM

The disappearing ring is completely normal upon disconnect.

It will cycle normally once the display times out, and will then light up when the buttons are depressed.  It’s a wee quirk of the Clip, completely normal.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

@ackers wrote:

And another thing, why is my playlist showing as filenames and not using their iD3 tags as they do in my music folder? For example: “Feeder - 03 Helium.mp3” instead of “Feeder - Helium” as it should be?

Still can’t fix this problem. :frowning: I wouldn’t mind so much if it played song after song but for some strange reason with this playlist it plays a song and that’s it, I have to choose the next song manually…

any ideas? Is it because my clip’s in MSC mode and unlike MTP mode there is no ‘Playlists’ folder?

@ackers wrote:

@ackers wrote:

And another thing, why is my playlist showing as filenames and not using their iD3 tags as they do in my music folder? For example: “Feeder - 03 Helium.mp3” instead of “Feeder - Helium” as it should be?

Still can’t fix this problem. :frowning: I wouldn’t mind so much if it played song after song but for some strange reason with this playlist it plays a song and that’s it, I have to choose the next song manually…

any ideas? Is it because my clip’s in MSC mode and unlike MTP mode there is no ‘Playlists’ folder?

My Clip still has a “Playlists” folder in MSC mode.

I don’t understand why but I have a playlist folder in MTP mode but in MSC the playlist folder is gone. I just tried creating a playlist folder in MSC mode and put my m3u playlist there, the Clip sees it but when I choose it it says it’s empty…

Someone please help! I have to use my old 2gb for my playlists until this problem’s fixed.

EDIT: just re-did all my playlists and it works now. :slight_smile:

Message Edited by ackers on 01-14-2009 06:22 AM