Playlist Player/Card

Hello,

I created a playlist with items on both the player itself and the SD card. I saved it on the player and the playlist works. But the songs on the SD card aren’t loaded in the player.

If I create a playlist with the songs on the card an safe it on the player it is empty. If I save it on the card the songs are shown.

How can I include the songs on the card in a playlist that is saved on the player?

All songs were copied via the explorer, if that is important.

I beleive that at this time it is only possible to have playlists that are stored on the memory where the songs are stored. Meaning if you make a list and store the list on the internal memory all the songs need to BE IN the internal memory.  

That would be very bad.

I bought the Fuze because of it is nice and if equipped with a SD card i would have 20+ GB on it. But when I can only use the internal 8 GB or the x GB from the card it i pointles. The player even shows both the player’s and the card’s song in one library, so it is only logical that a playlist of both is possible.

I have my music in the respective folders on the player (and the card) and created a playlist. As it is now I would have to make an extra folder with all songs that goes into the playlist. But that would lead the sense of a playlist ad absurdum. I could then say “play that folder”, as it would do the same.

I am  slightl disappointed.

If you create an .m3u format playlist, then that playlist can only read and play songs from either the player’s internal memory or the external memeory card, but not songs from both. These playlists get stored in the Music folder alongisde the song files. For example, a playlist of songs from the player will get stored in the Music folder on the player. A playlist created of songs that are on the memory card should be stored in the Music folder on the card.

If you wish to combine music from both memory locations (player & card), then you need to convert the .m3u format playlist to a .pla format. This format will read & play from both sources without problems. This playlist gets stored iin the Playlists floder on your player.

If you create an .m3u format playlist, then that playlist can only read and play songs from either the player’s internal memory or the external memeory card, but not songs from both. These playlists get stored in the Music folder alongisde the song files. For example, a playlist of songs from the player will get stored in the Music folder on the player. A playlist created of songs that are on the memory card should be stored in the Music folder on the card.

If you wish to combine music from both memory locations (player & card), then you need to convert the .m3u format playlist to a .pla format. This format will read & play from both sources without problems. This playlist gets stored in the Playlists folder on your player.

Hello,

this is very interesting. I found something that creates a .pla playlist and something that converts a m3u into an plp and then into a pla playlist.

Nothing worked, so at the moment I try it in the non MSC mode.

This works, once you get used to it.

Thank you very much, this tool has done it!

I can now easily create Playlist on the PC and can simply convert them for my Fuze.

It’s exactly how I imagined it when I bought the Fuze \o/

tschy2m