Playing music by decade

Suggest adding software to have an option to play music by decade and the software would only select those songs within that decade.  Suggested options to select from:

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

@dwights1 wrote:

Suggest adding software to have an option to play music by decade and the software would only select those songs within that decade.  Suggested options to select from:

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

Your best chance of getting this is to simply make playlists :smiley:

I think it’s a cool idea, actually. Should be easy to implement since it can just read the tags.

I’m not a big playlister. Not to mention making those playlists with a lot of music would be a HUGE pain in the —.

Then have to update them every time you add music?!?! Nah.

Also like to be able to play by ratings as I said somewhere else.

Play > # of stars…

Message Edited by Peregrine on 04-10-2009 09:50 AM

Ooh Yes, would love to be able to have a system setting like:

Only play songs rated __ stars or higher (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Play songs without a user rating (Yes) (No)

(Sorry for posting as a reply to the decade conversation.  I didn’t find the original “play by rating” post referred to Peregrine.)

I’ve never rated any song.

My post was a the end of one of the many other request threads. I think this is a good place for any suggestions Re: New PLAY > MUSIC *options*.

@dwights1 wrote:

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

Umm… I have a couple albums on my desk slated for 2010 release, but for the majority of people Im thinkin this is impossible

@dwights1 wrote:

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

I’ve got another suggestion for you. Pick the appropriate board and only post once. You’ve got a (virtually) identical thread started in the e200 series board. Multiple posts/threads are confusing for everyone. It’s like trying to have the same conversation with different people at the same time using a different phone in each ear. Nobody benefits.

I do like your screen name though. It was my home town’s name. :smiley:

@dwights1 wrote:

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

I’ve got another suggestion for you. Pick the appropriate board and only post once. You’ve got a (virtually) identical thread started in the e200 series board. Multiple posts/threads are confusing for everyone. It’s like trying to have the same conversation with different people at the same time using a different phone in each ear. Nobody benefits.

And as I suggested in that thread, playlists are the best way to go for what you want.

I do like your screen name though. It was my home town’s name. :smiley:

That is what the genre tag could be used for. Set up genres

1950’s or earlier

1960’s

1970’s

1980’s

1990’s

2000’s

2010’s

People on this board drive me nuts. The answer to everything is “make playlists”. Which, of course, you can’t do on the player. It seems so many people are so happy the way things are they don’t want new stuff added. What is wrong with asking Sansa for more PLAY otions?!?

Any idea how long it would take to make playlists by decade? Especially since you probably don’t know every year on every track. Since the info is probably already in your ID3 tags, wouldn’t it be about 1,000 times easier if Sansa would just add the feature? Heaven forbid we get MORE play options…

To the OP, my old player had that feature. It would read all the year tags and auto-populate the PLAY BY DECADE. So it would have every year that you have and wouldn’t need a “1950’s and earlier”.

Message Edited by Peregrine on 07-21-2009 11:35 AM

Message Edited by Peregrine on 07-21-2009 11:37 AM