Player with a basic LCD alphanumeric display?

I have a Fuze and a Clip, and find that these two players are so annoying to use since the display is not on all the time while the player is on, and one is forced to navigate by tags. Why doesn’t Sandisk make some players with a basic LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing, and that navigate by folders? I am thinking about a display like on an LCD watch that consumes very little power. Just like on an LCD watch, there could be a dedicated button which turns on a backlight while it is pressed(so it is used just when needed and for as long as it is needed). I would also like this player to have a card slot, navigate by folders, and be powered by a AA or AAA battery. It would be nice if this player also has both AM and FM radio. If the player has a USB conection, then it should have a standard mini USB connector. Otherwise it could be a Slotmusic player, and  play off cards. How about it Sandisk? Some of us want a smaller and lighter replacement for a portable CD player. While I have been using mp3 players for a few years, I have found that the players I have  bought over time gave me features I don’t want, and not given me the features I find most important. I hate having to connect a player to a pc or or AC power to charge it. Instead I want a choice of being able to use a disposable alkaline battery or an nimh rechargeable battery, which I can charge a few at a time outside the player.

@jk98 wrote:
I have a Fuze and a Clip, and find that these two players are so annoying to use since the display is not on all the time while the player is on, and one is forced to navigate by tags. Why doesn’t Sandisk make some players with a basic LCD display that is on all the time while the player is playing, and that navigate by folders? I am thinking about a display like on an LCD watch that consumes very little power. Just like on an LCD watch, there could be a dedicated button which turns on a backlight while it is pressed(so it is used just when needed and for as long as it is needed). I would also like this player to have a card slot, navigate by folders, and be powered by a AA or AAA battery. It would be nice if this player also has both AM and FM radio. If the player has a USB conection, then it should have a standard mini USB connector. Otherwise it could be a Slotmusic player, and  play off cards. How about it Sandisk? Some of us want a smaller and lighter replacement for a portable CD player. While I have been using mp3 players for a few years, I have found that the players I have  bought over time gave me features I don’t want, and not given me the features I find most important. I hate having to connect a player to a pc or or AC power to charge it. Instead I want a choice of being able to use a disposable alkaline battery or an nimh rechargeable battery, which I can charge a few at a time outside the player.

I think it would be a good idea too. Kind of like the older MPIO players except with a slot feature.