Here’s my experience with my Clip. Mine has been operating flawlessly since I got it in January with daily use. It’s the 2GB black one with the most recent version of firmware. I’ve been using it with Windows XP SP2 with WMP11 in MSC mode. Starting Monday, August 4, the player would connect but would no longer charge or be recognized by the PC to allow for music transfer. I used the message boards here to see if others were experiencing the same. I tried all the suggested work arounds but to no avail.
I ended up calling the Sandisk Tech Support #: 866-SANDISK. I talked to a guy (less than a minute on hold). He was competent; although it seemed he was reading from cue cards. He took my information and ran me through the battery of tests: turn it on and plug it in (fail); try different USB ports (fail); turn the player off, put it on hold, hold the center button, and plug it into a USB port (fail). Nothing worked, so he took my shipping info and got me started on the RMA process. I’ve received a confirmation email, so now I’m waiting for the official RMA email with my shipping label.
It sucks that it broke and that I’ll be without a working player for a while, but it’s nice to see that Sandisk’s customer support process seems to be pretty efficient, at least from my experience. My advice to those struggling with Clips is to test out the device (using the methods described on these boards), and if all else fails, call tech support. Hopefully, your experience will be as smooth as mine.
Message Edited by tallnproud on 08-05-2008 08:49 AM