Play sequence within album?

What’s the play sequence within an ALBUM if TRACK NUMBERs are removed from individual songs? 

Thanks.

If the track numbers are removed, I believe the default is to play them alphabetically.

Remember, if you are numbering tracks, the sequence is 01,02,03…then “normal” from 10 on.  It can be bizarre without those initial leading zeroes.

To edit the data, I recommend MP3Tag.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

If the track numbers are removed, I believe the default is to play them alphabetically.

I was expecting the same. At least, my Fuze didn’t line up songs alphabetically. 

Let me explain what I did. I created a folder and named it Piano Concerto. In MSC, I put Beethoven’s, Chopin’s and Mozart’s piano concertos into the folder. Using mp3tag, I stripped track from all and assigned all to an album called Piano Concerto. (folder name = album name).

On Fuze, Music > Album > Piano Concerto. I was expecting Beethoven’s to come before Mozart’s. 

As my last resot, I assigned the same track number to all. Still not alphabetical.

I will have to give sequential track numbers. Any other option?

Thanks.

@paker wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

I was expecting the same. At least, my Fuze didn’t line up songs alphabetically. 

Let me explain what I did. I created a folder and named it Piano Concerto. In MSC, I put Beethoven’s, Chopin’s and Mozart’s piano concertos into the folder. Using mp3tag, I stripped track from all and assigned all to an album called Piano Concerto. (folder name = album name).

On Fuze, Music > Album > Piano Concerto. I was expecting Beethoven’s to come before Mozart’s. 

As my last resot, I assigned the same track number to all. Still not alphabetical.

I will have to give sequential track numbers. Any other option?

Thanks.

In this case, “alphabetical” means sorted by the Title tag.  Or if the Title tag is not present, by the filename.  I’m guessing your Title tags just contain the name of the piece and don’t start with the composer.  I think if you add the composer to the begining of the Title tag, it will sort as desired.

Normally, a playlist would be used for this kind of scenario.  Then you wouldn’t have to mess up your tags.