My Sandisk cruzer blade 4GB pendrive show ‘The disk is write protected’ when formate it. What should i do ? Help me please
Return it as defective.
If you ever get this message try running chkdsk first.
on the desktop click start --> run
then in the pop up box type chkdsk e: \F \X
if running win 7 type command into the search box on the start menu and select the program command.
again in the box that pops up type chkdsk e: \F \X
where e: is the drive letter assigned to your usb pen
this solves 99.9% of disk protected errors and takes 30 seconds.
An interesting option potter. Thanks.
I’d like to add this link for an additional option to try.
Even after giving run command as chkdsk /fh, the USB flash drive was not responded for format. Please reply with correct answer.
Before carrying out the fixing process, backup all your items in the pen drive
- Download “APacer Formatting Utility” on your PC
- After completing the download, you will see Start.bat file in that folder.
- Double click this Start.bat file. This will initiate the formatting.
- Now remove the USB drive and attach it into the PC again.
- Now type “cmd” on run and then enter
- The command prompt window will open, type CHKDSK [usb-drive-letter]: /F.
- The formatting process is done successfully