PC connection problem

When I connect my 2GB Clip to my Windows XP system the Clip shows connected and I hear the connected sound on my PC speakers but the Clip isn’t showing up when I use Windows explorer or Windows Media Player. When I try to update firmware and I get the message to connect my device and click on finish, it fails.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

FlyboyTJ 

@flyboytj wrote:

When I connect my 2GB Clip to my Windows XP system the Clip shows connected and I hear the connected sound on my PC speakers but the Clip isn’t showing up when I use Windows explorer or Windows Media Player. When I try to update firmware and I get the message to connect my device and click on finish, it fails.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

FlyboyTJ 

There is a helpful knowledgebase article that should give you many possible solutions to try:   http://kb.sandisk.com/cgi-bin/sandisk_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=42&p_created=1221328944&p_sid=mrAHRIqj&p_brand=sansa&p_accessibility=0

If you have never had the Clip connect to your computer before,  try installing WMP11.  This installs the MTP drivers that may help connect the clip.     This is one of the solutions on that page, but there are many others to try.

Let us know how things went, and if you get it connected what worked for you,

Cheers :slight_smile:

Wow…Thanks for the quick reply and the solution for my problem. I downloaded WMP 11 and that took care of my connection problem.

Thanks for the help. Now that I found this forum I’ll be doing a lot more reading  to familiarize myself with this amazing little device.