Pb with micro sd card

Hi everyone ! First, Sorry for poor english, i’m a french user … I’ve bought a Sansa Clip + 4Gb Blue since few days and a 16Gb micro sd card Class 2 extrememory in the same time. With no card inserted in the clip + , all is working fine. When the micro sdcard is inserted after a fresh format - the card is totally cleared -, the clip + freeze with “refreshing data base” message. I’ve tried to reformat the card with SDformatter from Panasonic as described somewhere in the forum and test the volume , all is ok. I can copy mp3 or flac or ogg folders without any problem in a windows session. (USB in MSC Mode). So i suppose the micro sd card is working… I’ve tried to manually reinstall the firmware, again all is ok, but the problem still with the card. I’ve noticed that a file called METAPATH.SYS appear after the first insertion of the card, but this file is 0 byte size. Maybe the problem comes from this file, a bug in the creation of the file ?

@jonedeuf64 wrote:
Hi everyone ! First, Sorry for poor english, i’m a french user … I’ve bought a Sansa Clip + 4Gb Blue since few days and a 16Gb micro sd card Class 2 extrememory in the same time. With no card inserted in the clip + , all is working fine. When the micro sdcard is inserted after a fresh format - the card is totally cleared -, the clip + freeze with “refreshing data base” message. I’ve tried to reformat the card with SDformatter from Panasonic as described somewhere in the forum and test the volume , all is ok. I can copy mp3 or flac or ogg folders without any problem in a windows session. (USB in MSC Mode). So i suppose the micro sd card is working… I’ve tried to manually reinstall the firmware, again all is ok, but the problem still with the card. I’ve noticed that a file called METAPATH.SYS appear after the first insertion of the card, but this file is 0 byte size. Maybe the problem comes from this file, a bug in the creation of the file ?

The card slot on a new clip+ can be a little tight.  The card may not be fully seated in the slot.  Did you hear two faint clicks when you inserted the card?  The first click is when the locking mechanism catches the card and the second click will happen when the card is locked into place (That’s when you stop putting pressure on the card).

If this doesn’t stop the freezing, then, since you have done so much troubleshooting already, it’s most likely a defective card slot.

I don’t know what the file, Metapath.sys is.  It’s not on my clip+.  Are you using a program to manage your player?

Edit :  Is your computer set to show hidden files?

Thank you for the response ! I’ve tried many times to remove and insert the card, and each time i heard the 2 click. Since my first post, i’ve try with another microsd card (a 2 gb which was in my andoid cell) and it works perfect with this card. The 16 Gb card works on my android… My Pc is set to show all the files, included the protected system files. With the 2 Gb card, the Metapath.sys file does’nt appear on the Clip+. Maybe the metapath is created with a 16Gb card or it’s created temporarly at the insertion of the card and then deleted after writing of empty Music folder on the card (the 16 Gb card never had the music folder created) So i belive there’s a compatibility problem with memory chip …

jonedeuf64 wrote:

So i belive there’s a compatibility problem with memory chip …

Yes, it certainly looks that way.   I have not heard of why this happens sometimes.  Perhaps someone else knows what causes the incompatibility.

Maybe a compatibility card section could be open on the forum. I begin: extrememory 16Gb sdhc Class 2 MMB3R16GUACA-GE S YJF77713 032 if other users with microsd problem could give infos …