overdrive media console message

I can easily transfer audiobooks, using MSC mode from Overdrive Media Console.   When I try to play the books I get a message that says “Please obtain license by transferring this title to device using audiobook software”. Actually, I was able to listen properly to the first 2 parts and got the message on the 3rd.  I removed the whole book and downloaded again, and now I get the message on all of the parts.   I have WMP 11.  I have performed the digital rights on the WMP.  I upgraded my firmware today to VO1.02.31A .  This is my second fuze and I remember this happening on the first fuze I owned, but can’t remember what I did to fix the problem.  Once fixed, I never had this problem again.  I have tried: changing to MTP mode- didn’t work, transferring from WMP- got the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Overdrive requires MTP mode on your player in order to transfer the licenses necessary for DRM-crippled or time-limited files.

I’ve not used it, but I don’t belive WMP ever enters into the equation. you should be able to connect your player (in MTP mode) and use Overdrive Media Console to download directly onto the player.

@jillsknitting wrote:

I can easily transfer audiobooks, using MSC mode from Overdrive Media Console.   When I try to play the books I get a message that says “Please obtain license by transferring this title to device using audiobook software”. Actually, I was able to listen properly to the first 2 parts and got the message on the 3rd.  I removed the whole book and downloaded again, and now I get the message on all of the parts.   I have WMP 11.  I have performed the digital rights on the WMP.  I upgraded my firmware today to VO1.02.31A .  This is my second fuze and I remember this happening on the first fuze I owned, but can’t remember what I did to fix the problem.  Once fixed, I never had this problem again.  I have tried: changing to MTP mode- didn’t work, transferring from WMP- got the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You should be on MTP mode when you are transferring books from Overdrive. I did encounter that problem before that eventho I am on MTP it still thinks that I dont have license to play/transfer the book from overdrive to my sansa. What I did is played the books from Overdrive using WMP and then it automatically acquired the license from overdrive. I then used the media console to transfer the books to my sansa and it worked.

I will try this!   When I change to MTP the computer does not recognize the fuze at all in Overdrive.  I will check to see if it recognizes it in WMP.   Thank you!

Thank you!   I changed the USB mode to MTP and my computer does not recognize my player.  I will search a little to see if I have to do something to correct that first. 

start here by checking this knowledgebase article :smiley: