Order of songs in Flash Drive

Apr 12, 2013 12:01 PM

I have a 64GB SanDisk Cruzer Glide Flash Drive. I have an IMac, the latest version of OSX Mountain Lion and the latest version of ITunes. Today I also asked this question on the Apple forum, but sometimes I don’t get a response from them. Hopefully someone here can help, since it’s about a SanDisk Flash Drive. 

I copied or transferred all my ITunes songs, at one time, from my IMac Hard Drive to my SanDisk Flash Drive a few weeks ago. The songs copied to my Flash Drive were organized in the Flash Drive by the artist (singer), in alphabetical order, which is what I want. In the Flash Drive, they all show the name of the singer or artist.

However, in the last week or so I have added more ITunes songs a few times to the Flash Drive.  These songs that I very recently added to the flashdrive are not shown in order of artist. They show up at the top of the list in the Flash Drive, but only show the title of the song.  Almost all of the recent copies do not show the name of the artist.  I would like them to be organized by artist, and in alphabetical order, as the earlier songs sent to the Flash Drive were. Any suggestions? Any explanation as to  why the more recent copies  are showing up differently?

I have this question too (0)

I should add something else. Almost all the songs I recently added, when viewed in the Flash Drive, show a number in front of the song title, such as 03  or 05.

You can do this with Windows actually. Just right click on an empty space on that Window then hit on “Sort”.

His iMac doesn’t have Windows.