Operating Temperatures for Clip+ Player

What is the lowest temperture I can take my Clip+ Player out in without damaging it (and the highest) ?

@derekrogerson wrote:

What is the lowest temperture I can take my Clip+ Player out in without damaging it (and the highest) ?

Not sure about the unit itself, but I’d be more concerned about the battery in extreme temps.

This website recommends this for a lithium polymer battery :

Operating Temperature:

• Charge:
    • 32 to 113 degrees F
    • Let battery cool down to an ambient temperature before charging.
  • Discharge:
    • 32 to 140 degrees F
    • During discharge and handling of batteries, do not exceed 160 degrees F.

u think i can’t use my Clip+ outside during the winter when it’s below freezing? coz that’s what i want to know

Using it in cold weather is fine.  Just tuck it inside a coat pocket or underneath your coat where it can stay warm.

Using the player in low temperatures is not an issue as long as you keep it under your coat near your body. Don’t keep a player in a car when it is very cold or very hot outside, as this can cause permanent damage to the battery or display.

Keeping the player for a long time in a hot car is worst than leaving it in extreme cold, imo.  I once placed an oven thermometer in my car, with windows closed, on a 98 degree day while parked in the sun and the interior temperature reached 150 degrees.

Definitely not a place for man, beast, nor tiny, portable electronics.  :wink: