Only Plays 1 second of song/podcast

So I got my new Sansa Clip today, charged it up, loaded 2 podcasts and 1 song and when I hit play…it only plays 1 second then the counter and music stops.  I loaded the new firmware.  Same thing.  Any ideas?

Edit:  OK, got it to play about 90 seconds of a podcast.  I think I hit the center button and a screen came up that was blank accept for a broken line accross the bottom of the screen.  I can back out but it’s still frozen at 1 second.  I hit play and the pause icon comes up.  I keep toggling pause but nothing.

Edit 2: FM Radio works great.  But I bought it for MLB.com podcasts.  I erased 2 large podcasts andall of the preloaded music and left 1 song.  still won’t play song

Message Edited by jmoh on 02-26-2008 07:03 PM

Message Edited by jmoh on 02-26-2008 07:17 PM

Could it be the bitrate of the podcasts?  I think the specs for the Clip specify a low end of 64 kbps, although some people have reported no issue with lower bitrates.  And is the file type supported by the Clip? 

Could it be the bitrate of the podcasts?  I think the specs for the Clip specify a low end of 64 kbps MP3/32 kbps WMA, although some people have reported, I believe, no issue with lower bitrates.  And is the file type supported by the Clip (MP3/WMA/WAV/Audible)?