Ogg Vorbis issue...

Okay, I know this a bit slow, but I just now opened my mp3 player to the world of Ogg Vorbis. I converted a song to it, and my computer does not recignize it. That’s ok, because I copied to my Fuze, and it works.

My question is, how can I rename it, put it in a playlist, etc. since I can’t open it through Windows Media Player or Rhapsody? 

@saxmaster765 wrote:

Okay, I know this a bit slow, but I just now opened my mp3 player to the world of Ogg Vorbis. I converted a song to it, and my computer does not recignize it. That’s ok, because I copied to my Fuze, and it works.

My question is, how can I rename it, put it in a playlist, etc. since I can’t open it through Windows Media Player or Rhapsody? 

There are some codecs you can add to WMP but I have never really used them, Media Monkey will play them and Tag them. 

@conversionbox wrote:

@saxmaster765 wrote:

There are some codecs you can add to WMP but I have never really used them, Media Monkey will play them and Tag them. 

x2 on MM. I even restored the LAME MP3 conversion ability (that you lose after 30 days with the free version) for free the other day. And it catches podcasts too!

I’m going to have to stick up for good 'ole Winamp.  If you don’t like MM (like Me), Winamp has excellent ogg vorbis support.

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 06-07-2009 07:49 PM

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
I’m going to have to stick up for goold 'ole Winamp.  If you don’t like MM (like Me), Winamp has excellent ogg vorbis support.

I’ve never tried that one…it certainly has lots of fans though. Gotta be better than WiMP, right? lol

Edit…does it catch podcasts too?

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 06-07-2009 05:04 PM

Okay, I downloaded Media Monkey, and wow… That’s cool.

Okay, it doesn’t like me. How do you install codecs for Windows Media Player?

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Okay, it doesn’t like me. How do you install codecs for Windows Media Player?

I have no idea how to add codecs to WiMP. Did you look at the help menus in MediaMonkey? There is an awful lot to figure out.

I’m with GB on this. I tried MM and gave it up in favor of Winamp.

@tapeworm wrote:

Does it catch podcasts? And what’s better about it?

I just downloaded Winamp. I’m going to have to mess around with it for a while.

It’s virus free, isn’t it? 

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Does it catch podcasts? And what’s better about it?

It’s just like with any product, each individual has thier own likes and dislikes.  I’ve used winamp since it was virtually the only media player out there, so I’m as comfortable with it as breathing.  You may or may not like it.  Yes, Winamp has podcast support.

The only way you’ll know if you like it is to try it.  It’s a free download and about the only feature that is somewhat crippled on the free version is ripping speed and encoding to MP3.  

I’ll further confuse you with a vote for foobar2000.  It does everything well and can be customized to the ends of the earth.

Winamp is virus free as long as you get it from www.winamp.com .

Make sure that whatever you use comes from the original software maker–not via some unknown third party. 

I’m fond of Winamp too, but the fact that it wants to make you pay for mp3 ripping is ridiculous. With Media Monkey, you just have to get the permanent lame_enc.dll and replace Media Monkey’s original version with it, and you are good to go. 

For those who are serious about audio quality and don’t mind being geeky, Foobar or Exact Audio Copy (EAC) are possibilities.